Oral Health Topics
ADA's consumer information is now available on MouthHealthy.org—our new website developed just for you. Visit MouthHealthy.org to find answers to all your dental-related questions so we can help you be Mouth Healthy for life.
To find information about the topic listed on this page, please visit the MouthHealthy.org pages about Anxiety.
The Journal of the American Dental Association
- Brief Relaxation Versus Music Distraction in the Treatment of Dental Anxiety: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial (March 2008)
- Hypnotizability, Absorption and Negative Cognitions as Predictors of Dental Anxiety: Two Pilot Studies (September 2007)
- Regular Dental Visits and Dental Anxiety in an Adult Dentate Population (January 2005)
- Fear of Dental Care: Are We Making Any Progress? (August 2003)
- Preoperative Dental Anxiety and Mood Changes During Nitrous Oxide Inhalation (January 2002)
- Anxiety and Pain Measures in Dentistry: a Guide to Their Quality and Application (October 2000)
- Factors Associated With Dental Anxiety (August 1998)
- Guidelines for Teaching Pain Control and Sedation to Dentists and Dental Students (PDF)
- Your Oral Health: Video News Release: Dental Anxiety