Oral Health Topics
ADA’s consumer information is now available on MouthHealthy.org—our new website developed just for you. Visit MouthHealthy.org to find answers to all your dental-related questions so we can help you be Mouth Healthy for life.
- ADA State Innovations Compendium Update, Revised Edition
- Policy Briefs
- White Paper
- Additional Resource
The ADA is pleased to release a revised report, State Innovations to Improve Access to Oral Health Care for Low-Income Children: A Compendium Update, to record the activities states have pursued in an effort to improve access to oral health care for children enrolled in Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
To assist members and other dental stakeholders in advocating for improvements to their dental Medicaid programs, the ADA has published a series of policy briefs highlighting state innovations to help state legislators understand the necessity of establishing market-based reimbursement for dental Medicaid services. In addition, these briefs offer ways to improve the administration of the Medicaid program and expand efforts to encourage patient compliance with dental appointments and improve public awareness about the importance of oral health. These briefs are based on information published in the September 2003 ADA report "State Innovations to Improve Access to Oral Health Care for Low-Income Children: A Compendium."
- Introduction (PDF)
- Administration (PDF)
- Outreach (PDF)
- Finance: New England (PDF)
- Finance: Mid-Atlantic (PDF)
- Finance: South Atlantic (PDF)
- Finance: East North Central (PDF)
- Finance: East South Central (PDF)
- Finance: West North Central (PDF)
- Finance: West South Central (PDF)
- Finance: Mountain (PDF)
- Finance: Pacific (PDF)
- Medicaid Reimbursement—Using Marketplace Principles to Increase Access to Dental Services (PDF)
- State and Community Models for Improving Access to Dental Care for the Underserved—A White Paper (PDF)
- State and Community Models for Improving Access to Dental Care for the Underserved—A White Paper (Executive Summary) (PDF)