ADA News Advertising Rates - 2014
- Frequency Discount
- Combination Rates
- Color Rates
- Furnished Insert Rates
- Mechanical Specifications
- Printing Specifications
- Acceptable Reproduction Material
- Acceptable Electronic Files
- Space Reservations
- Custom Print Services
Frequency discounts are guaranteed throughout contract; however, rates are subject to change per calendar year. Space purchased by a parent company and subsidiaries can be combined for compilation of earned rate. Rates include agency commission.*
Advertisers can combine their schedule in the ADA News with a schedule in JADA to earn a lower rate.
- $900 per page or fraction thereof. If more than one additional color is used on a page, the color charge will be the same as 4-color. Standard SWOP colors, red, blue, yellow, green.
- $1,150 per page or fraction thereof.
- 3-Color: $2,000 per page restricted to process colors. Contact the production director before scheduling. The production director is not responsible when a color guide is not furnished. The production director cannot guarantee accommodation of colors other than process within 4-color form.
- 4-Color: 1/3 page or larger: $2,000; 1/3 page or less: $975.
- Available free of charge for tab pages.
- All inserts must meet postal regulations for publications of periodicals postage. Contact the production director. Maximum acceptable stock weight 80# book.
- 2-Page Inserts (one sheet): 7-3/4" x 10-1/4" trims to 7-1/2" x 10". Other inserts, contact the production director.
- Head, foot and side margins, 1/4" margin for live matter, inside trim edge.
- Consult the production director for delivery deadlines, shipping instructions and quantity required. See General Information for agency commissions and terms, shipping instructions and information on ADA advertising standards.
- Contact your ADA Sales Representative for quotes.
- Used in conjunction with run of book space (minimum of full page) $1,300. Postcards may be stitched or tipped in. Refer to the Print and Electronic Media Specifications for additional information.
- Variations from standard 2-page inserts subject to special quotation. Regional inserts are available. Contact the production coordinator.
|Tabloid Page Sizes|
|Full Page (Bleed)||10-7/8 x 14-1/4|
|Full Page (Non Bleed)||10 x 13-3/4|
|3/4 Page||7-3/8 x 13-3/4|
|1/2 Page Horizontal||10 x 6-7/8|
|1/2 Page Vertical||4-3/4 x 13-3/4|
|1/4 Page Square||4-3/4 x 6-7/8|
|1/4 Page Horizontal||10 x 3-3/8|
|1/4 Page Vertical||2-1/4 x 13-3/4|
|1/8 Page Horizontal||4-3/4 x 3-3/8|
|1/8 Page Vertical||2-1/4 x 6-7/8|
|1/3 Page Vertical||3-1/3" x 13 3/4"|
|1/3 Page Horizontal||10" x 4-3/5"|
Junior Page Sizes
Advertisements are also accepted in sizes designed for 7" x 10" type page referred to as junior sizes.
|Junior Page Sizes|
|Jr. Page||7 x 10|
|Jr. 2/3 Page||4-1/2 x 10|
|Jr. 1/2 Page Horizontal||7 x 4-7/8|
|Jr. 1/2 Page Island||4-1/2 x 7|
|Jr. 1/3 Page Vertical||2-1/4 x 10|
|Jr. 1/3 Page Square||4-1/2 x 4-7/8|
|Jr. 1/4 Page Horizontal||7 x 2-3/8|
|1/8 Page Horizontal||4-3/4 x 3-3/8|
Printed web offset on 36# coated stock, black and white and 4-color, saddle stitch. Five columns per page, columns 11 picas wide. Size before trim 11-1/8" x 14-1/2" trims to 10-7/8" x 14-1/4". Live copy: 10" x 13-3/4".
- Other material by special arrangement (including glossy photo with copy to set).
- Materials are held for six months after publication and then destroyed unless otherwise instructed.
- Split runs available. Contact your ADA Sales Representative. See General Rate Information for agency commissions and terms, shipping instructions and information on ADA advertising standards.
Transfer Media: CD, DVD
- UserId: adapco
- Password: mickey1
- PDF/X-1a:2001 compliant files
- Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Adobe Photoshop CS5, PSD, EPS, TIFF
- QuarkXPress 9
- Adobe InDesign CS5
- All screen fonts and printer fonts 100% embedded or outlined; Open Type fonts preferred.
- Continuous tone images (photos) must be high resolution (minimum 300 dpi effective output); total density not to exceed 300%. Support materials must be a printout of media directory, color comp of electronic files, a contact person for electronic files and all colors set for 4-color separations or specific request for additional spot color.
Established in 1970 as the official news publication of the American Dental Association, the ADA News serves practicing dentists and others allied with the dental profession in the United States and other countries.
Issued twice monthly, with single issuance in July and December, for a total of 22 issues per year; mailed on the Friday preceding issue date, 2nd class, cover label. BPA Audited Statement for the ADA News for the Six Month Period Ending December 2013.
News of dentistry, including socioeconomic, governmental, scientific, educational, Association developments and other types of news that would be of interest to members of the dental profession and other interested readers. Advertising is interspersed with editorial matter on all pages except front page and page four. Annual editorial/advertising ratio: 50% editorial matter, 50% advertising.
The ADA News is able to offer advertisers a host of unusual print options, including perforations, full or partial gatefolds, spot varnish and consecutive coupon coding. Contact your ADA Sales Representative to find out more about these attention-getting custom print services now available in the ADA News.