Journal of the ADA Rates
- Frequency Discount
- Combination Rates
- Color Rates
- Covers and Preferred Position Rates
- Furnished Insert Rates
- Mechanical Specifications
- Printing Specifications
- Acceptable Reproduction Material
- Acceptable Electronic Files
- Space Reservations
- Mechanical Closings
- Special Issues
Frequency discounts are guaranteed throughout contract; however, rates are subject to change per calendar year. Space purchased by a parent company and subsidiaries can be combined for compilation of earned rate. Rates include agency commission.*
- Standard Color: $900 per page or fraction thereof. If more than one additional color is used on a page, the color charge will be the same as 4-color. Standard SWOP colors, red, blue, yellow, green.
- Matched Color: $1,150 per page or fraction thereof.
- 3-Color: $2,000 per page restricted to process colors. Consult the production director before scheduling. ADA Publishing is not responsible when a color guide is not furnished and cannot guarantee accommodation of colors other than process within 4-color form.
- 4-Color: 1/3 page or larger: $2,000; 1/3 page or less: $975.
- Bleeds: Available free of charge.
- Cover 2 — $14,270
- Cover 3 — $13,170
- Cover 4 — $15,460
All cover rates are based on 12x rate and include 4-color and bleed. All other specified positions are 15% additional.
- Special Positions: Contact your ADA Sales Representative for quotes.
- Postcards: Used in conjunction with run of book space (minimum of full page) $1,300. Postcards may be bound in or blown in. Please refer to the Print and Electronic Media Specifications for additional information.
- Variations from standard 2-page inserts subject to special quotation. Regional inserts are available. Contact your ADA Sales Representative.
|Full Page||7 1/2 x 10|
|Page Bleed (trimmed)||7 x 9-1/2|
|2/3 Page||4-5/8 x 9-1/2|
|1/2 Page Island||4-5/8 x 7|
|1/2 Page||3-3/8 x 9-1/2||7 x 4-2/3|
|1/3 Page||2-1/4 x 9-1/2||4-5/8 x 4-2/3|
|1/4 Page||3-3/8 x 4-2/3||7 x 2-1/4|
|1/6 Page||2-1/4 x 4-2/3||4-5/8 x 2-1/4|
|1/8 Page||3-3/8 x 2-1/4||7 x 1-3/8|
Body printed web offset on 36# coated stock. Cover is web offset on 90# cover stock with UV outside coating. Perfect binding.
Halftone screen for the cover and inside may be 133- or 150-line screen. Large solid black areas are not recommended. Total density not to exceed 300%.
Furnished inserts should be shipped directly to printer. Contact the production coordinator for complete shipping instructions and quantity required.
Other material by special arrangement (including glossy photo with copy to set).
Materials are held for six months after publication and then destroyed unless otherwise instructed.
See General Rate Information for agency commissions and terms, shipping instructions and information on ADA Advertising Standards.
- Transfer Media: CD, DVD
- FTP Information:
- UserID: adapco
- Password: mickey1
- File Format:
- All screen fonts, all printer fonts.
- Continuous tone images (photos) must be high resolution (300 dpi effective output); total density not to exceed 300%.
- Support materials must include a printout of media directory, color comp of electronic files, a contact person for electronic files and all colors set for 4-color separations or specific request for additional spot color.
- All inserts must meet postal regulations for publications of periodicals postage. Contact the production director. Maximum acceptable stock weight 80# book.
- 2-Page Inserts (one sheet): 7 3/4" x 10 1/4" trims to 71/2" x 10". Other inserts, consult the production coordinator.
- Head, foot and side margins, 1/4" margin for live matter, inside of trim edge
- Direct to printer by 10th of month preceding month of insertion (space reservations due 25th of second month preceding month of issue). Consult production director for shipping instructions and quantity required .
Electronic files are due 1st of month preceding month of publication (e.g., June issue materials are due May 1).
June: Convention issue. All ads in the June issue are repeated free of charge in the Official Guide to ADA Annual Session provided the advertiser is an exhibitor. The Official Guide is distributed to all registrants at the ADA annual session.
Earned rates apply to all special issues.
Established in 1913 as the official publication of the American Dental Association, JADA serves practicing dentists and others allied with the dental profession in both the United States and other countries. Issued monthly, mailed the 1st week of the month of issue, periodical rate, cover label. Outside the United States, copies are in envelopes. JADA BPA Circulation Statement for the 6 Month Period Ended June 2012 (PDF).
Original research articles, clinical reports, guest editorials, news and letters to the editor. Advertising is interspersed with editorial matter. Annual editorial/advertising ratio: 70% editorial matter, 30% advertising.