- How do I schedule a classified ad in a print publication and online?
- Can I place a classified ad by phone?
- In what publications can I place a classified ad?
- Do you accept display classified ads online?
- What are the rates and frequencies available?
- Are there rate discounts for ADA members?
- Can I schedule an ad in more than one issue?
- Can I schedule an ad in a future issue?
- I want to repeat a previously scheduled ad. Can I access my old ad online?
- Is it possible to alter/change a scheduled ad?
- How do I cancel a scheduled ad?
- What are the deadlines for submitting an ad?
- What are the publication dates?
- What are the different categories for classified ads?
- Can there be graphics in the ad?
- What is the circulation of the publication?
- Are there rules about what I can say in the ad?
- Is there a standard ad narrative that I can use?
- Can you write my ad for me?
- Can I place a blind ad?
- How long does my ad appear on the website?
- Where does my ad appear on the website? In the publication?
- What credit cards do you take?
- Can I pay by check?
- Can you bill me?
- I just ordered something in the catalog and now I want to place an ad – How do I do that (or visa versa)?
- I placed an ad/order before. Do you have my credit card on file?
- I have a complaint about my ad. Who should I talk to about that?
Your ad will appear both in print in The Journal of the American Dental Association and online on ADA’s website, ADA.org. Classified ads can be scheduled via email or fax using our JADA Classified Ad Order Form.
No. All classified ads must be submitted in writing.
Classified liner ads appear only in JADA.
No. To place a display classified ad, please email your ad to our Classified Coordinator, Ms. Shirley Hawkins.
Classified liner rates are $100 for 30 words or less, $7 for each additional word. Classified display rates are $220 per column inch, $60 per color used. Frequency rates are available for classified display ads only. A 20% discount is offered for 3 or more consecutive insertions.
ADA members receive a 10% discount.
Yes. Simply indicate the ad’s starting and ending issues on the JADA Classified Ad Order Form.
Yes, you can type any date into the start date field. Please note that you must place the advertisement before the issue deadline:
If your ad has been posted within the last 30 days, you can access your old ad on ADA.org’s Classified Listing.
If you make the change 30 days prior to the issue, our Classified Coordinator, Ms. Shirley Hawkins, can help you revise your scheduled ad.
If you make the change 30 days prior to the issue, our Classified Coordinator, Ms. Shirley Hawkins, can help you cancel your scheduled ad.
Deadlines for classified ads are on the 15th of the second month preceding the issue date. For example, the January issue deadline is November 15th.
JADA’s publication date is the 1st of each month.
Categories for classified ads are: Professional Services, Practices/Equipment Wanted to Buy, Practices/Equipment for Sale, Opportunities Available, Opportunities Wanted and Miscellaneous.
Only classified display ads have graphics. If you would like to place a display ad, please contact Ms. Shirley Hawkins.
JADA’s circulation is approximately 150,000.
JADA reserves the right to decline, withdraw or edit copy at its discretion.
There is none at this time.
We cannot do that but we can provide a few samples of previously published ads.
We do not accept blind ads.
Classified ad positioning in print and on the website is determined by category and state.
MasterCard, VISA and American Express.
If you want to pay by check, please complete the JADA Classified Ad Order Form and submit the form only to our Classified Coordinator, Ms. Shirley Hawkins. Do not send a check at this time. The form may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 312-440-2550, or by mail to:
American Dental Association
Attn: Shirley Hawkins, Publishing Division
211 E. Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
We will send an invoice for your payment once your ad is accepted.
Sorry, all classified ads are prepaid.
Your classified ad requires special publishing software to format your ad copy. There is no billing interface between advertising and catalog sales. Orders must be placed and paid for separately.
For your security, we no longer keep credit card numbers on file.
Contact our Classified Coordinator, Ms. Shirley Hawkins, at email@example.com or 312-440-2742 outlining the nature of your complaint. After our review, we will contact you with a decision.