Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I apply for a grant, scholarship, fellowship or award?
- What does the ADA Foundation do?
- Where is the ADA Foundation located?
- How can I make a contribution to the ADAF?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- Does the ADAF provide grants or awards to individuals for reduced cost or free dental care?
The ADAF's application page has forms, guidelines and deadlines for all our open funding opportunities. Note: The ADAF does not accept unsolicited grant requests.
The ADA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a trusted resource for both those who want to help and also for those in need. The ADAF funds programs and grants in the United States and its territories by receiving contributions from corporate donors, individual dentists and many others in order to support:
- Dental education programs and grants
- Scholarships for dental student and allied dental students
- Grants to non-profit organizations that help expand access to oral health care for disadvantaged populations
- Dental research on contemporary issues of concern
- Grants for dentists and their dependents who can no longer meet daily living expenses
The administrative and grant making office of the ADAF is located on the 21st floor of the American Dental Association’s headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. The Paffenbarger Research Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland is also part of the ADA Foundation.
|211 E. Chicago Ave
Chicago , IL 60611
|100 Bureau Drive - MS8546
NIST - Bldg. 224, Rm. A153
Gaithersburg , MD 20899-8546
The ADA Foundation is pleased to accept donations to support its charitable mission. You can direct your donation to a specific cause supported by the ADA Foundation or you can support the area of greatest need. There are four ways to donate:
1) Donate online: Make a general donation to the ADA Foundation and your donation will be used to support the area of greatest need, including funds for the Emergency Disaster Grants to help those affected by natural disasters.
2) Mail your check made out to the ADA Foundation, along with the completed
ADA Foundation Donation Form, to:
211 E. Chicago Ave., Ste. 2100
Chicago, IL 60611
3) Fax the ADAF Donation Form to 312.440.3526.
4) Call the ADA Foundation at 312.440.2547 to make your donation by phone.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email us at: email@example.com.
Yes. The ADA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations incorporated in the state of Illinois and registered in all U.S. states that require registration. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our tax identification number is 36-6132046.
No, not directly; however the ADAF does distribute access to care grants and awards for certified non-profits and government entities providing such care. NOTE: If you need reduced cost dental care, contact your state or local dental association, as there may be resources available in your area. Another resource is community health centers that provide dental services, which can be searched via www.findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov. Finally, you many contact the nearest dental school; some provide dental care based on a sliding fee scale.