Dental Content Committee (DECC)
The DeCC is the deliberative body sponsored and chaired by the ADA that was established in accordance with the administrative simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) to cooperate in the maintenance of the standards adopted under HIPAA. It has been named as a Designated Standards Maintenance Organization (DSMO) by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. As such, the DeCC addresses standard transaction content on behalf of the dental sector of the health care community.
DeCC membership is diverse, by design, to ensure reasonable balance without dominance by a single interest category. There are representatives from government agencies, third-party payer organizations, providers, and other DSMOs that have a material interest in the activities of the committee. Current member organizations are:
- American Dental Association
- America's Health Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Delta Dental Plans Association
- National Association of Dental Plans
- National Uniform Billing Committee
- National Uniform Claim Committee
- National Association of State Medicaid Directors
- Wake Forest University Health Sciences
- Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange
- American National Standards Institute ASC X12 (Liaison)
All monthly meetings, including the Committee's Annual Meeting, convene by conference call. These are open meetings. Dates and times are subject to change. For updates or more information please check this web page or contact the DeCC Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Committee's monthly conference calls are scheduled to convene at Noon Central Time on the following dates in 2011: 03/08, 04/05, 05/10, 06/14, 07/12, 08/09, 09/13, 10/18 and 12/06. Monthly calls are cancelled if there are no DSMO requests or other DeCC business to address.
The DeCC Annual Meeting convenes on Tuesday, November 8, 2011.
Telephone: ADA Members, please use the toll-free number on the back of your membership card; Direct dial, 312-440-2500