Understanding Licensure: The Dental Examination Process for the New Graduate
Dental licensure marks the transition between dental school and dental practice. The licensure process, regulated by state boards, validates the dental profession’s self-regulation and protects the public.
Licensure has been a key issue for both the American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Student Dental Association (ASDA). We are committed to working in cooperation with the American Association of Dental Boards (AADB) and the clinical testing agencies to facilitate improvements in the clinical licensure process.
Here, you’ll find :
- Issues surrounding dental licensure
- Purpose and progress of clinical licensure
- Summary of the licensure process
This information is designed for:
- Third and fourth-year dental students preparing for licensure
- First and second-year dental students who want to understand the process
- Advanced standing students who wish to learn more about U.S. licensure
Disclaimer: This publication of the American Dental Association is offered as information only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice. Persons reviewing these materials should consult with their own professional advisors for such advice.