Meet the Committee
The members of the Committee for an Integrated Exam (CIE) were appointed by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE). Two CIE members are American Dental Association (ADA) appointees to the JCNDE, two are American Dental Education Association (ADEA) appointees and two are American Association of Dental Boards (AABD) appointees.
The members of the committee include:
- Dr. Mark Christensen, Chair
- Dr. B. Ellen Byrne
- Dr. Bruce D. Horn
- Dr. Ron J. Seeley
- Dr. Stephen T. Radack III
- Dr. Andrew Spielman
- Dr. Peter Trager, ex-officio (current JCNDE chair)
Consistency and continuity are important in any long term project both internally to ensure the work moves forward and externally to facilitate communication between the CIE and stakeholders; therefore committee members, will serve for the duration of the project; however, to ensure the JCNDE is always up to date on project activities, the current JCNDE chair will always be an ex-officio member of the committee. The CIE anticipates opportunities for additional individuals to participate on ad hoc committees, expert review panels and other activities.
In addition, three consultants are assisting the CIE to ensure the psychometric soundness of the new examination. These consultants are:
• Dr. Gregory J. Cizek, Professor of Educational Measurement and Evaluation at the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
• Dr. Michael T. Kane, Holder of Messick Chair in Validity at the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, New Jersey
• Dr. Steven M. Downing Associate Professor of Medical Education, Emeritus at the University of Illinois at Chicago
The CIE welcomes comment and feedback from all stakeholders. Information can be sent to the committee by email using the following address: email@example.com. While individual responses are not possible, the committee reviews all comments, feedback and questions at each meeting.