Join ADAMember Log In

Not an ASDA Member?

Not an ASDA Member?
You may still be able to join.

You can join as an ASDA member until August of your graduation year and you will receive benefits from ASDA and the ADA. Or you may submit your ADA membership application anytime — your dentist membership will kick in after you graduate. For more information, contact the Office of Student Affairs at

It's Easy and Affordable ($0 for many) to Join

Here's what to do:

Step 1: Stay in touch with the ADA. Update us on your post-graduation plans and new contact information.
Step 2: Complete an ADA Membership Application anytime after you graduate and before December 31. 
Step 3: The ADA or your state society will process your application.
Step 4: Keep an eye out for more membership information in your mailbox. ASDA and ADA student members: your membership is valid until December 31 of your graduation year.

Reduced Dues Program

Recent graduates can join the ADA for as low as $0 through the Reduced Dues Program. Membership is affordable and valuable; simply complete an application to begin your membership as a dentist.

Membership Options and Applications

The membership category that's right for you depends on your next move out of school.

Going into Private Practice?

Tripartite Membership

Tripartite membership means that you hold membership at the local, state and national levels.


If you will be in private practice as an associate, an employee or on your own, in a group practice or clinic, or on the faculty of a dental school, tripartite membership is for you.

$0 dues at the national level, first year after dental school graduation.

Apply here or contact your state dental society.


Continuing your Education?

Graduate Student Membership

Continue graduate student membership throughout your training and pay $0 in national dues the year after your training is completed.

If you will be going in to a graduate program, residency or specialty training program that lasts at least one year, graduate student membership is for you. (Tripartite membership may be available.)

$30 national dues/year. Payment applies to year after dental school graduation.

Apply here or contact your state dental society.

Military, U.S. Public Health Service or VA?

Federal Dental Services Membership

As a federal dentist, you can join the ADA directly. If you will be completing residency training while in the federal services, be sure to fill out the Advanced Education Program section on the application.

If you will be in the Army, Air Force, Navy, U.S. Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, or other full-time federal employment, Federal
Dental Service (FDS) membership is for you. (Tripartite FDS membership is available in many states.)

$0 dues, first year after dental school graduation.

Apply here.

Taking time off? Not sure?

Provisional Membership

If you need a second year for your transition period, your dues will be just 25% of full dues.

Licensed dentists who are relocating, or taking time off for family or other responsibilities are eligible for provisional membership.

$0 dues, first year after dental school graduation.

Apply here.