Code of Conduct
We welcome and encourage your questions and feedback. When you post on our page(s) please be respectful of all users, follow the social network’s terms of service and avoid sharing personal information, whether it’s your own or that of another person. By posting, you agree:
- You are solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or upload.
- Everything that you post is truthful to the best of your knowledge; accurate; not misleading and offered in good faith. You have the right/knowledge to post the content/material (including but not limited to that it does not infringe upon any third party’s copyright or trademark).
- When disagreeing with others' opinions, you will keep your comments appropriate and polite.
- You will not post anything that may constitute spam (e.g., posting with a degree of frequency or repetitiveness such that others may be discouraged from posting, posts that are irrelevant to the site).
- If you have any material association with ADA, and you are posting a comment about any ADA product or service, you’ll state any connection that you may have to ADA (whether as an ADA employee, volunteer or supplier).
The ADA reserves the right to remove content, including links to websites we determine (at ADA’s sole and absolute discretion) to be unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. This may include but is not limited to:
- Personal attacks
- Off-topic or inflammatory comments
- Duplicate posts
- Content that references an inappropriate third party page
- Content attempting to impersonate someone else
- Promotion of illegal conduct
User-generated content (such as comments, posts, or links) may represent the views of those providing the content, but they do not necessarily represent the views or policy of the ADA. References or links (provided by the ADA or by a user) to products or services do not constitute endorsements by the ADA.
Any information posted on this site is general in nature and is not intended to replace or modify the dental or medical advice of your dentist or physician. Any course of treatment referenced should not be followed or taken without consulting a physician, dentist or other health care provider. No treatments are suggested and the only course of conduct that is suggested is that you discuss your symptoms and possible treatments with your dentist or physician. Please remember that the information and content on this website must be considered as an informational/educational service only and is not designed to replace a dentist’s or physician's independent judgment about the appropriateness of risks of a procedure or condition for any given patient.
Worried about a copyright violation on the site? Contact us.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (c), if you believe in good faith that a copyrighted work has been reproduced on this website without authorization, you may send a notice to: American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Street, Chicago, IL 60611; Attention, Office of General Counsel. Your notice must contain, at a minimum, (a) a statement that you believe in good faith that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, (b) the identification and location of the material at issue, (c) reasonably sufficient information for ADA to identify and contact the posting party, (d) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, (e) a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are, or that you are authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner, (f) your contact information, and (g) your physical or electronic signature. See 17 U.S.C. § 512 (c) for further information.
This ADA Social Media Code of Conduct may be amended or modified by the ADA at any time. We reserve the right to block users who don’t follow this code of conduct. Thank you for being respectful of one another, and we look forward to hearing from you.