DQA Measure Activities
Measure Development Process
Programmatic Administrative Measure Effort
The Dental Quality Alliance is pleased to announce the availability of its first fully tested measures set titled "Dental Caries in Children: Prevention and Disease Management".
Formative Documents for This Measure Set
- Pediatric Oral Health Quality & Performance Measure Concept Set: Achieving Standardization & Alignment (PDF)
- Pediatric Oral Health Quality and Performance Measures: Environmental Scan (PDF)
The DQA is currently working on the following projects:
- Additional Measures for Children: The DQA is currently testing these measures for feasibility, validity, reliability and usability.
- Use of Emergency Department
- Follow-up After Use of Emergency Department
- Use of General Anesthesia
- Treatment Following Sealant Use
- Early Extraction of Permanent Teeth
- Adult Measures Under Consideration
- Patient reported outcomes measures (collaboration with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
The Dental Quality Alliance has published an E-Measure document titled: Pediatric Oral Healthcare, Exploring the Feasibility for E-Measures. This document explores the feasibility of adapting the DQA's Starter Set of administrative (using claims/eligibility data) measures for pediatric oral health into e-Measures. Document posted on Jan. 10, 2013.
The DQA is currently working on developing two eMeasures for potential use within the Stage III Meaningful Use Program.