The ADA can help you achieve recruiting success! When recruiting new members, just keep the following ideas in mind:
- Find the ideal candidates. Review your network of colleagues and identify those who could most benefit from ADA membership. When meeting new individuals, consider asking them if they are a member and tap into the tools we’ve developed to help with the process.
- Tell the story about why you’re a member. The ADA and your state and local dental societies provide lots of value to you. Why did you join? What have you found most beneficial? Your personal opinion will influence their decision to join.
- Provide examples. Tell your nonmember colleagues how your ADA membership has helped you achieve career success. A positive testimonial can be one of the strongest tools when recruiting new members.
- Keep a supply of membership materials. Always keep ADA membership brochures and applications on hand in your office or when attending a professional event. Need extras? Just contact MGAM@ada.org.
- Focus on their needs. Everyone has different needs. Ask questions about their career goals, and based on their answers, identify and highlight the benefits of greatest value. This is a perfect opportunity to give examples of how the ADA has benefited your career, especially when you share similar goals. This makes the conversation feel more like colleagues sharing solutions, and less like a sales pitch.
- Close with a plan of action. After discussing the value of ADA membership, walk them through the membership application process. Offer to email them instructions for joining online or give them a hard-copy membership application. Be sure they have your name so they can include it on the application. And don’t forget to refer them to ADA.org so that they can browse the site and get more information following your conversation.
- Follow up. Touch base in a few weeks to see if they joined or have any questions. If they haven’t joined, this follow-up can serve as a gentle reminder. And if they have, it’s nice opportunity to welcome them to the ADA.
- Take the time to say thanks. Send them a short message thanking them for considering ADA membership and supporting the dental profession. You might consider inviting them to an upcoming component meeting, charity care event or other gathering.
Any ADA member dentist is eligible to participate. Just tell the dentists you recruit to include your name on their applications. Then visit the recruiter's form to tell us who you recruited by entering your name and ADA number, and the name of the potential member. The campaign will end Sept. 30, 2013.
Printable Promotional Materials
• Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Dental Society Tools
• Downloadable Member-Get-A-Member advertisements and web badges.