Official Rules for the 2013 ADA.org Redesign Member Survey Sweepstakes
No Purchase Or Survey Return Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: The 2013 ADA.org Redesign Member Survey Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to persons who: (a) receive an e-mail inviting them to participate in the 2013 ADA.org Redesign Member Survey ("the Survey"); (b) are legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia or the U.S. Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico; and (c) are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Access to the survey will be included with the invitations. Invitations are not transferable. Officers, directors, trustees, and employees of the ADA, or any affiliate of the ADA, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such individual, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (the "Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter: No purchase or survey return is required to enter or win. . Completing the Survey or purchasing ADA products will not improve an entrant’s chances of winning. All persons who complete a Survey submitted electronically or postmarked by August 30th, 2013 will be able to enter the Sweepstakes by providing their name, address and e-mail with their Survey. Those who do not wish to participate in the Survey may enter by mailing a 3 x 5 card with name, address, e-mail to: ADA 2013 ADA.org Redesign Member Survey Sweepstakes, ATTN. Marketing Dept., 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, and subsequent entries will be disqualified.
5. Drawing: At approximately 1 p.m. Central Standard Time on September 4th, 2013 at the offices of Sponsor at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611, the Sponsor will select one (1) name of a potential winner at random from all valid and eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. You do not need to be present to win. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within seven (7) days of the drawing.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winner: Except where prohibited, as a condition of receiving a prize, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release (where applicable) within the required time period, or if it is determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the potential winner is not eligible or declines to participate or receive a prize inaccordance with these Official Rules, an alternate entrant shall be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
7. Prize: One (1) prize will be awarded. The one (1) Prize Winner will receive one (1) IPAD mini ("Prize"). The retail value ("ARV") of the Prize is Three Hundred and Fifty dollars ($350.00). The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash award or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and costs not specified above.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, trustees, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors;(c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) unavailability or inaccessibility of ADA.org; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Publicity. Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor of the Sweepstakes, and/or any donor(s) of the Prize,unrestricted perpetual permission to use his or her name, voice, photograph or other likeness, or Survey in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, JADA, ADA.org, ADA News, ADANews Today, ADA Professional Product Review or the Internet, without compensation or notice, for any purpose, including, without limitation, reporting on the Survey, the award of the Prize or publicizing the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor, Sponsor's publications and/or donor.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction),which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Future Mailing Opt Out. To opt out of future postal mailings about sweepstakes and contests from the American Dental Association, please email the ADA Marketing Department: email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Opt Out ADA.org Redesign Sweepstakes’ and include your name and ADA number in the email or send a letter via mail to: ADA (Attention: Marketing Department) 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611. Please allow 60 days for your request to take effect.
13. Sweepstakes Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: ADA 2013 ADA.org Redesign Member Survey Sweepstakes ATTN: Marketing Dept., 211 East Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611. Requests must be received by September 30th, 2013.