Connect with colleagues around the world and stay up-to-date on the latest science and technology information by joining as an international affiliate member of the American Dental Association. Affiliate membership is available to dentists who are practicing in a country other than the United States and who do not have an active U.S. dental license.
Become an Affiliate Member
Applications can be completed online or by downloading an application form below. Affiliate members receive an ADA membership card and all of the below benefits.
If you are a dentist practicing in a country designated by the FDI World Dental Foundation as a “least developed and low income” nation, ADA Affiliate member dues are $12 for the calendar year. View the list. All other Affiliate members pay $75.
Dentists can also visit the ADA booth at a number of dental trade shows around the world to renew or become members. See the Events page for the shows where the ADA will have a booth.
- Affiliate Member Benefits Brochure & Application
- Spanish-language Application
- Chinese-language Application
Benefits of Membership
By becoming an Affiliate member, you join more than 3,000 ADA Affiliate members in more than 120 countries around the world. Take a glance at the world of benefits that will be open to you as an Affiliate member of the American Dental Association:
- Enhance your professional credibility and support your profession while connecting with colleagues around the world
- Save up to $200 on registration to the ADA annual meeting and take part in events specifically for international attendees
- Stay current with an online subscription to the monthly The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA), the best read dental magazine. Affiliate members also have access to six international editions of JADA.
- Make informed buying decisions with an online subscription to the quarterly ADA Professional Product Review.
- Gain instant access to the ADA’s evidence-based dentistry website, a centralized location for scientific information in dentistry. Visit the website or download the brochure.
- Become more knowledgeable when you access the ADA’s library of high-quality online continuing education courses. Members enjoy discounts on all courses.
- Save up to 50% on ADA digital materials, including books, pamphlets, DVDs and other patient education and practice management resources from the ADA Catalog. Visit the Catalog or download the international brochure.
- Access more than 280 online full text oral health and health care journals through the ADA Library's website.
- Receive regular updates from the ADA delivered directly to your inbox. Emails from the ADA include the latest technology and science news, practice management tools, JADA news related to dental specialties as well as an epublication specifically for Affiliate members.
- Display your Affiliate membership card with pride. Cards are mailed four to six weeks after joining as an Affiliate member.