Here you can find information about the many benefits of Affiliate membership and how to join. Affiliate membership in the American Dental Association is available to dentists who are practicing in a country other than the United States and who do not have an active U.S. dental license.
Benefits of Membership
By becoming an Affiliate member, you join more than 3,000 ADA Affiliate members in more than 120 countries around the world. Take a glance at the world of benefits that will be open to you as an Affiliate member of the American Dental Association:
- Enhance your professional credibility and support your profession
- Save up to $200 on registration to the ADA Annual Session, the ADA's annual meeting, and take part in events specifically for international attendees
- Stay current with an online subscription to The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA), the best read dental magazine. Affiliate members also have access to all eight international editions of JADA.
- Make informed buying decisions with an online subscription to the ADA Professional Product Review.
- Gain instant access to the ADA’s evidence-based dentistry website, a centralized location for scientific information in dentistry. Visit the website or download the brochure.
- Become more knowledgeable when you access the ADA’s library of high-quality online continuing education courses. Members enjoy discounts on all courses.
- Receive discounted registration for the ADA Annual Session dental congress. Learn more about this year's Annual Session online or by downloading the international brochure. In addition, enjoy exclusive events for international attendees, including a reception in honor of all international guests, an international hospitality lounge and tours of a U.S. dental practice.
- Save up to 50% on ADA digital materials, including books, pamphlets, DVDs and other patient education and practice management resources from the ADA Catalog. Visit the Catalog or download the international brochure.
- Receive regular updates from the ADA delivered directly to your inbox. Emails from the ADA include the latest technology and science news as well as practice management tips and tools.
Becoming an Affiliate Member
Dentists whose applications for Affiliate membership are approved receive an ADA membership card and the above benefits.
If you are a dentist practicing in a country designated by the FDI World Dental Foundation as a “least developed and low income” nation, ADA ffiliate member dues are $12 for the calendar year. View the list. All other Affiliate members pay $75.
Applications can be completed online or by downloading an application form below. Dentists can also visit the ADA booth at a number of dental trade shows around the world to renew or become members. See the Events page for the shows where the ADA will have a booth.