About Council on Ethics Bylaws and Judicial Affairs CEBJA
CEBJA Mission Statement
The Council on Ethics, Bylaws and Judicial Affairs (CEBJA) is the ADA agency dedicated to enhancing the ethical conscience of dentists by promoting the highest moral, ethical and professional standards in the provision of dental care to the public.
Vision: CEBJA is the guiding force in promoting the value of ethics and professionalism in dentistry.
Guiding Principles: CEBJA is the Association agency commissioned to develop and promote the ethical conscience of the profession and the highest moral and ethical standards for ADA members; to provide a forum for self-regulation and to assure that ethical issues are current for the public and profession.
Objectives: CEBJA pursues the following objectives through its programs and activities:
- Assists components and constituents to eliminate demeaning, misleading and false advertising by dentists
- Protects the public by raising the ethical conscience of the members and their adherence to concepts of professionalism
- Ensures that all members are cognizant of and committed to the ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct
- Increases member awareness of ethics through workshops, videos and programs for members and dental students and encourages the inclusion of ethics on board exams
- Ensures that ethical standards are not compromised by financial decisions
- Redefines ethical behaviors when changes in society or the profession warrants such