Vendor Showcase (Promotional Email) Specifications
The ADA Vendor Showcase e-campaign program provides industry an opportunity to use the ADA email list for company-specific messaging. Industry provides the message, offer and links, which the ADA sends to 40,000 subscribers, using the ADA template.
The American Dental Association's emails are produced and distributed on the Windows operating system with HighRoad Solutions, an HTML-based email program and supporting database. The ADA reserves the right to alter these styles for clarity and to match our e-publication style guide. To ensure a high quality email marketing campaign, the following guidelines for submission of electronic content must be followed:
- HTML format ONLY
- All images must be a minimum of 72 dots per inch (dpi) in RGB color
- 520 – 650 pixels wide
- 1500 pixels in length (max)
- Images (if not hosted to a server)
- Plain text copy (not to include source of the html)
- Subject line
- ADA guidelines require the vendor’s name and offer be stated, e.g.:
[“Vendor Name” Offer: + “Subject”]
- Try to keep within 46 characters including spaces
- Include valid contact information (company’s name and address).
- All linked and relevant product landing pages must be completed and available for review.
- Contests, sweepstakes, and special offers must include asterisk (*) to terms and conditions in footnote and/or link.
- Claims must have supporting documents and available for review.
- Must fit into ADA Template (wrapper).
Suggestions & Tips:
- Use HTML<table>, <tr>, and <td> as opposed to <div> tags. Div tags are not acknowledged in some email clients therefore you’ll lose your design. Tables hold layout better.
- Use as few HTML tables as possible.
- Opt-out is optional. This is standard within the ADA template allowing members to manage their email preference.
- Avoid using background images if possible. Some email clients won’t display them.
- Include “alt tags” for all images. An empty (“ “) tag is acceptable.
- Include target=“_blank” for URL to open links in a new window from main content.
ADA Vendor Showcase coordinators rely on close adherence to technical specifications, ADA policy and timelines. In order to provide vendors with the best possible results and service, it is imperative that:
- All Vendor Showcase artwork and copy must comply with the ADA's Advertising Standards. If changes are necessary to ensure the integrity of the communication, the ADA's sales team will work with you to resolve any issues.
- The ADA reserves the right to alter artwork, copy, contest rules and any other content for style. If the revisions are deemed substantial, you will have the right to accept or decline any adjustments to Vendor Showcase artwork or copy.
- The ADA requires that all ads, contests, sweepstakes or special offers comply with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- You are primarily responsible for assuring that your ads, contests, sweepstakes or special offers comply with applicable laws
- At the time of submission of the artwork for your first email message, you must affirm in writing via email that all of your ADA Vendor Showcase email messages that involve a contest, sweepstakes or special offer will, prior to submission to ADA, be reviewed and approved by the Vendor's legal counsel.
- The ADA will review your submission not only for strict legal compliance but also for clarity to ensure a positive ADA Vendor Showcase experience for our members. Submissions may be returned for appropriate changes. By way of example and without limitation, the ADA has returned ads that fail to include the following:
- Explanation of limitations on special offers.
- A statement that purchasing a product, accepting a service or participating in a training does not improve chances of winning.
- A statement that entry is by email only or a description of an alternative method of entry, if any.
- A clear statement of who the sponsor is, including the address and contact information.
- A statement whether winners need to be present at the drawing to win.
- A statement that the contest, sweepstakes or special offer is void where prohibited.
- Identification of the contest or sweepstakes sponsor, including its address and other contact information.
- Descriptions of prizes.
- Entry submission deadlines.
- Otherwise unclear or incomplete contest or sweepstakes rules, or contest or sweepstakes rules that differ from rules posted on your Website.
- If you and the ADA cannot agree on creative, copy, or legal content, the ADA reserves the right to decline the content and remove the Vendor Showcase email from the schedule.
For questions regarding the ADA Vendor Showcase Specifications, contact Ms. Angela James at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.440.2867. To find out more details about participating in the ADA Vendor Showcase program, please call your local ADA sales representative.
Allen L. Schwartz
Director of Sales, Western Region
10225 NW Brentano Lane
McMinnville, OR 97128
Email Allen Schwartz
Director of Sales, Eastern Region
1554 Surrey Brook Court
Yardley, PA 19067
Email Jim Shavel