ADA Advocacy for Fluoride and Fluoridation
The ADA works closely with state and local dental societies to promote the fluoridation of municipal water supplies at recommended levels. The ADA also supports capacity-building grants to help communities establish, upgrade, and maintain an effective public water fluoridation infrastructure.
Action for Dental Health
Action for Dental Health is the ADA's nationwide, community-based movement aimed at ending the dental health crisis in America.
- Tell your member(s) of Congress to cosponsor H.R. 539, the Action for Dental Health Act of 2015.
- Explore the Action for Dental Health movement.
- View initiatives by state.
- Letter (PDF) urging members of Congress to reflect on the public health benefits of community water fluoridation as the practice nears its 70th anniversary; August 22, 2014.
Dental Society Resources
The ADA Department of State Government Affairs (DSGA) offers resources to help state and local dental societies benefit from the best practices and lessons learned in other states and municipalities.
State Legislative Report (Members Only)
For additional information or to request assistance, please contact the DSGA at 312.440.2525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ADA Council on Access, Prevention and Interprofessional Relations (CAPIR) offers technical assistance to state and local dental societies in efforts to initiate or retain fluoridation programs. For additional information or to request assistance, please contact Jane McGinley at 312.440.2862 or email@example.com.
STAY INFORMED about the latest legislative and regulatory happenings.
- Subscribe to the monthly e-publication, Government and Public Affairs Update.
- Access the State Legislative Report (members only).
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for ADA News Today.
- Learn about legislative and regulatory issues that could affect dentists as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
TAKE ACTION by talking to your legislators.