ADA Advocacy for Fluoride and Fluoridation
To help clarify and provide context on the health benefits of fluoride and the fluoridation of community water supplies, the ADA provides scientific evidence, information and commentary to a wide variety of audiences including government agencies, the media and the public.
Letters & Testimony
- June 18, 2013—Letter (PDF) commenting on the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force draft evidence report and recommendation statements on prevention of dental caries in children from birth through age five years.
- June 11, 2012—Coalition letter (PDF) urging the U.S. Surgeon General to issue a statement acknowledging the continuing public health role of fluoridation in enhancing the oral health of all Americans.
- June 30, 2011—Letter (PDF) commenting on two Fluoride Dose Response and Relative Source Contribution documents prepared by the EPA.
- February 14, 2011—Comments (PDF) on the the CDC’s recommendation to set the level for optimally fluoridated water at 0.7 parts per million.
- January 10, 2011—Press release on the ADA’s evidence-based clinical recommendations on the intake of fluoride from reconstituted infant formula and the prescription of dietary fluoride supplements for caries prevention.
- January 7, 2011—Press release commending the Department of Health and Human Services proposal to recalibrate the level of fluoride it considers optimal for drinking water.
1111 14th Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
State Government Affairs
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611