Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
The ADA is working with lawmakers, regulators, and others to help mend America's tattered dental safety net. This includes sustaining and improving dental benefits in the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which provides health coverage to nearly eight million children from low-income families.
The ADA is calling on policy makers to:
- Reauthorize the CHIP program to ensure children do not lose dental coverage.
- Maintain the federal requirement for states to cover dental services in their respective CHIP programs.
The Association's priorities are based on the major policies and positions (PDF) (Members Only) adopted by the ADA House of Delegates.
Letters and Testimony
- February 24, 2015—Coalition letter (PDF) urging congressional leaders to provide a four year funding extension for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Letters and Testimony reflect the Association's position(s) on specific bills, regulations, and other policy issues, and are based on the major policies and positions (PDF) (Members Only) adopted by the ADA House of Delegates.
Dental Society Resources
The ADA Department of State Government Affairs (DSGA) offers resources to help state and local dental societies benefit from the best practices and lessons learned in other states and
For additional information or to request assistance, please contact the DSGA at 312.440.2525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAY INFORMED about the latest legislative and regulatory happenings.
- Subscribe to the monthly e-publication, Government and Public Affairs Update.
- Access the State Legislative Report (members only).
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for ADA News Today.
- Learn about legislative and regulatory issues that could affect dentists as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
TAKE ACTION by talking to your legislators.
1111 14th Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
State Government Affairs
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611