Dental Products (Drugs, Materials, Equipment, Over-the-Counter)
To help clarify and provide context on oral health issues and dental products, the ADA provides scientific evidence
, information, and commentary to a wide variety of audiences including the dental profession, media, government agencies, and the public. The links below provide access to Association's communications on a number dental product issues.
Letters and Testimony
- December 14, 2015—Letter (PDF) urging the Presidential Advisory Council on Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria to consult an appropriately credentialed dentist (or dental organization) when considering any recommendations to control antibiotic-resistance threats.
- May 13, 2015—Letter (PDF) urging the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be more aggressive about ensuring sales of dental equipment, materials, and supplies are restricted to licensed dentists or dental practices registered by the state and that the items sold meet FDA standards.
- September 16, 2014—Statement on polyethylene microbeads in toothpaste.
- July 3, 2012—Coalition letter (PDF) to the Food and Drug Administration on the clinical development and use of sedation products in adult and pediatric age groups.
Letters and Testimony reflect the Association's position(s) on specific bills, regulations, and other policy issues, and are based on the major policies and positions (PDF) (Members Only) adopted by the ADA House of Delegates.
STAY INFORMED about the latest legislative and regulatory happenings.
- Subscribe to the monthly e-publication, Government and Public Affairs Update.
- Access the State Legislative Report (members only).
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for ADA News Today.
- Learn about legislative and regulatory issues that could affect dentists as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
TAKE ACTION by talking to your legislators.
1111 14th Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
State Government Affairs
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611