The ADA works closely with state and local dental societies to promote the fluoridation of municipal water supplies at recommended levels. The ADA also supports capacity-building grants to help communities establish, upgrade, and maintain an effective public water fluoridation infrastructure.
Take Action Now!
Tell your member of Congress to commemorate the 70th anniversary of community water fluoridation by cosponsoring H.Res. 416.
- Email your officials with one click!
- Tweet at your officials!
- Write on your legislator's Facebook page!
Fluoridation at 70
- January 15, 2016—Letter (PDF) commenting on a National Toxicology Program request for information about whether fluoride is somehow associated with cancer.
- December 22, 2015—Letter (PDF) commending the United States Surgeon General for issuing a statement commemorating the 70th anniversary of community water fluoridation.
- November 2, 2015—Coalition letter (PDF) urging members of Congress to cosponsor H. Res. 416, which commemorates the 70th anniversary of community water fluoridation and the public health benefits associated with its use.
- September 24, 2015—Letter (PDF) commending Rep. Mike Simpson for introducing H. Res. 416, which commemorates the 70th anniversary of community water fluoridation and the public health benefits associated with its use.
- August 22, 2014—Letter (PDF) urging members of Congress to reflect on the public health benefits of community water fluoridation as the practice nears its 70th anniversary.
Letters and Testimony reflect the Association's position(s) on specific bills, regulations, and other policy issues, and are based on the Fluoridation Policies adopted by the ADA House of Delegates.
Action for Dental Health
Action for Dental Health is the ADA's nationwide, community-based movement aimed at ending the dental health crisis in America.
- Tell your member(s) of Congress to cosponsor H.R. 539, the Action for Dental Health Act of 2015.
- Explore the Action for Dental Health movement.
- View initiatives by state.
Dental Society Resources
The ADA offers resources to help dental societies establish and maintain municipal water fluoridation programs.
For additional information or to request assistance with issues related to community water fluoridation, please contact the Council on Access, Prevention, and Interprofessional Relations at 312.440.2862 or email@example.com.
STAY INFORMED about the latest legislative and regulatory happenings.
- Subscribe to the monthly e-publication, Government and Public Affairs Update.
- Access the State Legislative Report (members only).
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for ADA News Today.
- Learn about legislative and regulatory issues that could affect dentists as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
TAKE ACTION by talking to your legislators.