Health Care Reform
Whether debating the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or the myriad of other laws that have shaped America’s health care system, one thing is certain: The ADA is pursuing common sense reforms to help prevent oral disease before it starts and reduce the number of adults and children with untreated dental disease.
The ADA is calling on lawmakers, regulators, and others to invest their time and resources in three key areas.
- Coverage and Benefits—Overcoming the financial barriers that prevent so many from obtaining the dental care they need.
- Workforce—Having an adequate dental workforce located where it is needed (and sufficiently funded) to carry out its mission.
- Prevention and Education—Preventing oral disease through oral health literacy, community-based interventions, and interprofessional collaboration.
Healthy teeth and gums are not a luxury. They are essential. Together, we can help everyone in America attain the best oral health possible.
The ADA Center for Professional Success provides information and resources to help ADA members comply with the rules and regulations that affect them as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
Dental Society Resources
The ADA Department of State Government Affairs (DSGA) offers resources to help state and local dental societies benefit from the best practices and lessons learned in other states and
For additional information or to request assistance, please contact the DSGA at 312.440.2525 or email@example.com.
- Action for Dental Health is the ADA's nationwide, community-based movement aimed at ending the dental health crisis in America.
- ADA Health Policy Institute furnishes critical policy research examining the impact of health care reform on the dental sector, including access to dental services.
- ADA Engage is a way for ADA members to contact their elected representatives whenever time-sensitive action is needed.
- ADA Center for Professional Success helps ADA members understand how the Affordable Care Act and other health care laws affect them as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
STAY INFORMED about the latest legislative and regulatory happenings.
- Subscribe to the monthly e-publication, Government and Public Affairs Update.
- Access the State Legislative Report (members only).
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for ADA News Today.
- Learn about legislative and regulatory issues that could affect dentists as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
TAKE ACTION by talking to your legislators.
1111 14th Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
State Government Affairs
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611