House Plans First Anti-Obamacare Vote of 2016
January 05, 2016
The House plans to take up the Restoring Americans Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act (H.R. 3762) later this week. The House had passed an earlier version last year, which the Senate then amended and passed in December. The Senate-amended version contains provisions aimed at repealing portions of the Affordable Care Act. These provisions include:
- A repeal of the individual mandate;
- A repeal of the employer mandate;
- Would allow over-the-counter drugs to be reimbursed by health savings accounts, flexible spending arrangements and other tax-deferred health care savings instruments (dental products are not included);
- A repeal of the medical device tax;
- A repeal of the so-called Cadillac tax.