Call for Nominations
Call for Site Visitor Volunteer Nominations
The Commission on Dental Accreditation considers nominations for site visitors on an annual basis at its Winter meeting. Site Visitors are appointed for one-year terms, which are renewable for six years. If appointed, the site visitor’s term will begin in October of the appointment year. The site visitor will be expected to complete the Commission’s online training program and attend a two-day training workshop in Chicago in June prior to their term start date. The site visitor will also be expected to be accessible and able to communicate by fax, electronic mail and the Commission's web-based communication tools. Review the site visitor nomination criteria (PDF) for additional information. Call for Review Committee Nominations. The Commission is requesting nominations for the role “Site Visitor” in the following disciplines:
- Predoctoral Finance
- Predoctoral Chair
- Predoctoral National Licensure
- Predoctoral Clinical Sciences
- Predoctoral Basic Sciences
- Predoctoral Curriculum
Advanced General Dental Education
- General Practice Residency
- Advanced Education General Dentistry
- Dental Anesthesiology
- Oral Medicine
- Orofacial Pain
Advanced Specialty Education
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinical Fellowships
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Craniofacial and Special Care Orthodontics Clinical Fellowships
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
Allied Dental Education
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Laboratory Technology
- Dental Therapy
Please download the Site Visitor Nomination Form (PDF). Once completed, submit your form to the appropriate CODA staff manager via email.
Site Visitor Nomination Forms are due to CODA staff by December 1, 2017 for consideration at the Commission’s Winter 2018 meeting.
Call for Review Committee Nominations
The Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) requests nominations to fill vacancies on Review Committees. This call for nominations is for 2018 Vacancies:
- Five General Dentists, one should be a Practitioner (Predoctoral Dental Education, Endodontics Education, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Education, Pediatric Dentistry Education and Periodontics Education Review Committees)
- One Allied Educator (Predoctoral Dental Education Review Committee)
- One Specialty Dentist (Postdoctoral Education Review Committee)
- One Higher Education Administrator (Dental Hygiene Review Committee)
- One Dental Assisting Educator (Dental Assisting Education Review Committee)
- One Dental Assisting Practitioner (Dental Assisting Education Review Committee)
- One Dental Hygiene Educator (Dental Hygiene Education Review Committee)
- One Dental Hygiene Practitioner (Dental Hygiene Education Review Committee)
- Six Public Members (Various 2018 Review Committees and 2019 CODA Board of Commissioners)
Review Committee Nomination Forms are due to CODA staff by June 1, 2018 for consideration at the Commission's Summer 2018 meeting.
When submitting nominations to the Review Committee and Commission (for public member only), CODA requests that strong consideration be given to assisting this agency to achieve diversity, including underrepresented groups, geographic diversity and varied educational philosophies. Review the nomination criteria and explanation of time commitment (PDF) for additional information.
If you or someone you know may be interested in volunteering for an open position on the Commission, please review the materials below:
Once the nomination form is completed, please submit to email@example.com
. You can also call 312-440-4653 to ask about the nomination process.
The Nominating Committee will review the nominations and submit recommendations to the Commission. Nominations may not be directed toward a specific review committee and requests to be placed on a specific review committee will not be honored. Appointments are made for one four-year term, beginning and ending in October of each year.
Overview of Review Committee Responsibilities
Review committee members:
- Will be responsible for the review of all policy matters, site visit reports, progress reports, applications for accreditation and special reports on accredited programs, which are submitted to the Commission for final action.
- Will be required to make a significant time commitment, 10-20 days per year.
- Will serve as consultants to the Commission and are required to complete the Web-based Site Visitor Training prior to serving on the committee. The self-paced instructional manual on the Commission's policies, procedures and Standards takes approximately 6 to 8 hours to complete.
- Will be required to become familiar with the CODA Training Manual and participate in a full day of training at ADA headquarters. Review Committee members should observe at least one site visit within their first year of service on the Review Committee.
- Will be expected to be accessible and able to communicate by fax, electronic mail and the Commission's web-based communication tools.