CE providers in the United States and Canada that wish to apply for ADA CERP recognition should:
- Download the current edition of the ADA CERP Recognition Standards and Procedures (PDF).
- Review the ADA CERP eligibility requirements to determine if the organization is eligible to apply.
- Download the current ADA CERP Standard Application Form (DOCX) and Application Instructions (PDF) or request copies from staff.
- Review the application and instructions carefully to determine whether all required documentation is available to demonstrate compliance with the 14 areas outlined in the ADA CERP Recognition Standards. Applications will be evaluated based on documented compliance with the eligibility requirements and Recognition Standards & Procedures.
- Complete all sections of the application form and assemble samples of the required documentation.
- Submit three typed, tabbed, and bound copies of the completed ADA CERP Application for Recognition and all required documentation by the specified deadline. Applications that are not typed or that are submitted on obsolete forms cannot be accepted.
- An application fee of $765 is required for new applications.
- Applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by the ADA CERP Committee, a standing committee of the Council on Dental Education and Licensure, at the Committee’s next regularly scheduled meeting. Providers will be notified of the recognition decision according to the published schedule (see below).
CE providers that are not eligible for ADA CERP recognition, or that may not be able to demonstrate compliance with the Standards, may wish to consider partnering with an ADA CERP recognized provider to offer CE credits for jointly planned activities.
International providers, CE providers that are based outside the United States or Canada, must meet specific eligibility criteria and complete a pre-application process before submitting an application for initial recognition. See the Information for International Providers.
New applicants will be eligible for an Initial Recognition period of two years. If approved, providers will be eligible to apply for continued recognition at the end of the Initial Recognition term.
If recognition is granted, the provider will be supplied with the following information
a. The effective dates of the recognition term;
b. The authorized statement that must be used to announce or publicize ADA CERP recognition;
c. Responsibilities and procedures for documenting participation in CE activities;
d. Procedures regarding expiration of recognition and reapplication;
e. A Decision Report outlining requirements and recommendations for improvements in the provider's CE program.
Recognition is effective the first day of the month of May or November after action is taken by the ADA CERP Committee. In no case will recognition be granted retroactively or prior to action taken by the Committee.
Recognition may be contingent on the submission of one or more progress reports at specified intervals. The ADA CERP Committee reserves the right to reevaluate a provider at any time by surveying participants in the provider's CE activities, by reviewing activities in person, or by requiring additional information concerning the provider and/or its activities.