e-mail Print Share

Additional Resources Contact Information

Contact your dentist or the state and local dental society component of the American Dental Association in your area. Perhaps you can arrange for a brief visit to a dental office to observe dental assistants at work. You also can contact an accredited dental assisting program and arrange to talk with a counselor and visit the school.

For a list of accredited Dental Assisting programs throughout the country, contact:

Commission on Dental Accreditation,
211 E. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
Email: accreditation@ada.org

American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA)
35 E. Wacker Dr.
Suite 1730
Chicago, Illinois 60601-2211
Fax: 312.541.1496
Email: adaal@aol.com

Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB)
444 N. Michigan Ave.
Suite 900
Chicago, Illinois 60611
FAX: 312.642.8507

In addition to the voluntary national certification examination offered by the Dental Assisting National Board, some states require dental assistants to be registered. For more information on the type of education, training or registration dental assistants must have in your state, contact your state board of dental examiners. You can find this listing under "state government agencies" in the telephone directory.