Transition to Practice
With so much on your mind, it’s easy to forget about your ADA membership. Don’t worry—maintaining your membership is much easier than obtaining your license! And you can access resources for new dentists during your transition.
The ADA offers reduced dues for recent graduates at the national level. Many state and local societies also offer a similar dues reduction program.
- Year one—$0
- Year two—25 percent of full national dues
- Year three—50 percent of full national dues
- Year four—75 percent of full national dues
- Year five and thereafter – 100 percent of full national dues
Benefits for new dentists:
ADA Center for Professional Success
The Center is a one-stop shop for dentists who are seeking resources that will help them succeed as dental practitioners and small business owners. This new ADA member benefit helps dentists find solutions to professional and personal challenges. The website includes everything from tips for choosing a career path to balancing personal and professional lives to patient communication strategies.
Among some of the Center's features are:
- Financial calculators to factor loan payments and overhead expenditures
- Practice management education
- Ergonomic tips
- Information on buying a practice;
- Marketing materials to recruit and retain patients;
In addition to these features, members are encouraged to use the Ask the ADA feature to ask practice management and wellness questions to ADA staff.
New Dentist Benefits