2017 State Dentist Well-Being Program Director Conference
September 7-8, 2017
211 E. Chicago Ave, Chicago
Registration now open!
The ADA Council on Dental Practice invites you to join fellow State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors and State Dental Board Executive Directors from across the nation to discuss and provide key information on the assessment of the dental professionals health and fitness to practice. This conference will offer presentations from specialists from a variety of disciplines in the overall assessment process and will discuss some current assessment models.
This year’s Conference is focused on examining dental professionals fitness to practice as well as providing a platform for State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors to share their experiences and key issues they are dealing with in advancing the efforts of their program.
- Pre-Conference Meeting: Thursday, September 7, 2017
- State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors Connect the Docs Program: 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- FOR STATE DENTIST WELL-BEING PROGRAM DIRECTORS AND STAFF ONLY. DENTAL SOCIETIES WHO CURRENTLY DON'T HAVE WELL-BEING PROGRAMS IN PLACE ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND.
- Location: American Dental Association building, 211 E. Chicago Avenue, 22nd Floor, Board Room, Chicago, IL
- Conference: Friday, September 8, 2017; 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- OPEN TO STATE DENTIST WELL-BEING PROGRAM DIRECTORS AND STAFF AND STATE DENTAL BOARD EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
- Location: American Dental Association building, 211 E. Chicago Avenue, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL
- Open AA, NA, Al-Anon Meetings: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Check-in and Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
- Opening Remarks: 8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Evaluating Overall Recovery - 9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- Break - 10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Determining Fitness to Practice in Dentistry - 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch - 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Legal Aspects of Returning to Work - 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Break - 3:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Closing Session - 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.
Who Should Attend and Why
The ADA recognizes the single most valuable asset in any dental practice is the dentist and their dental team. Optimal health and work-life balance are essential to the maintenance of the person(s) without whom the practice would cease to exist. The purpose of the Conference is to bring together state dentist well-being program staff and state dental board executive directors to connect them with national experts who can discuss and provide key information on professional impairment and fitness to practice assessments.
The conference provides support, access to treatment center information and solutions for dentists and professionals working with dentists and dental team members facing stress, work/life balance issues, depression, and substance abuse.
The conference objectives are: (1) to provide information that enhances state dentist well-being programs efforts to prevent or help those dealing with substance use disorders; (2) provide those involved in outreach and advocacy for drug/alcohol addiction efforts for dentists the opportunity to network and share their information; and (3) provide well-being volunteers and staff who value the specialized continuing education and sense of community that has been provided by this conference.
How to Register
You may also register by contacting the ADA Member Service Center: 800.621.8099
The Conference registration fees are as follows:
- State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors and Staff: $150
- Spouses/Partners of State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors/Staff: $75
- State Dental Society Executive Directors: $150
- Dental Board Members: $150
Registration includes access to all workshops (all of which will provide continuing education credit), breakfast and lunch on Friday, September 8.
The group housing block at the Ritz Carlton Chicago is now open for those who wish to make their hotel reservations.
RESERVATION DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2017. AFTER JULY 31 RESERVATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED DEPENDING ON SPACE AND RATE AVAILABILITY.
PLEASE NOTE ATTENDEES TRYING TO EXTEND THEIR STAY FOR NIGHTS OUTSIDE OF THE HOTEL BLOCK (9/6-9/8) WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO SO ONLINE. TO MAKE RESERVATIONS THEY SHOULD CALL THE RITZ DIRECTLY (312-266-1000) AND REFERENCE THE GROUP CODE: adsadsa
Ritz Carlton Chicago: $237 plus room tax.
160 E. Pearson Chicago, IL 60611
Instructions to book:
- Your booking link is: The Ritz-Carlton Chicago. The link will populate the group code: adsadsa
- Enter your arrival and departure dates, select continue (Please note, if you are extending your state beyond the meeting you will need to call the Ritz to make your reservation.)
- Select the appropriate rate. 2017 Ritz Carlton Rate, $237.
- Review all reservation details.
- Enter guest information and payment information for a reservation guarantee.
- Your reservation is now confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email direct from the hotel.
Hotel Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received by the hotel at least 24 hours prior to arrival. Any cancellations not received by the hotel by 3 p.m. the day before scheduled arrival will result in a "no show" fee of one night's room rate plus tax being billed to the credit card used to make the reservation.
This event is generously supported by: