State Dentist Well-Being Program Conference
2015 State Dentist Well-Being Program Conference
September 17-18, 2015
This year’s Conference is focused on advancing the efforts of the State Dentist Well-Being Programs and hosted by the ADA Council on Dental Practice.
- Pre-Conference Meeting: Thursday, September 17, 2015
- State Dentist Well-Being Program Advocacy Training: 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- FOR STATE DENTIST WELL-BEING PROGRAM DIRECTORS AND STAFF ONLY
- Location: American Dental Association building, 211 E. Chicago Avenue, 22nd Floor, Board Room, Chicago, IL
- Conference: Friday, September 18, 2015; 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Location: American Dental Association building, 211 E. Chicago Avenue, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL
- Open AA, NA, Al-Anon Meetings: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Check-in and Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Opening Remarks: 8:15 a.m. – 8:20 a.m.
- Conference Sessions: 8:20 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:50 a.m. – 12:50 p.m.
- Conference Sessions Resume: 12:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Who Should Attend and Why
The ADA recognizes the single most valuable asset in any dental practice is the dentist and their dental team. Optimal health and work-life balance are essential to the maintenance of the person(s) without whom the practice would cease to exist. The purpose of the Conference is to bring together state dentist well-being program staff to connect them with national experts who can discuss and provide key information on professional impairment.
The Pre-Conference Meeting is open to State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors and their staff. Any dental society member interested in developing a dentist well-being program is also invited to attend.
The Conference on September 18 is open to:
- State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors and Staff and their spouses/partners
- State Dental Society Executive Directors
- Dental Students
- Dental Board Members
The conference provides support, access to treatment center information and solutions for dentists and professionals working with dentists and dental team members facing stress, work/life balance issues, depression, and substance abuse.
The conference objectives are: (1) to provide information that enhances state dentist well-being programs efforts to prevent or help those dealing with substance use disorders; (2) provide those involved in outreach and advocacy for drug/alcohol addiction efforts for dentists the opportunity to network and share their information; and (3) provide well-being volunteers and staff who value the specialized continuing education and sense of community that has been provided by this conference.
How to Register
You may also register by contacting the ADA Member Service Center: 800.621.8099
The Conference registration fees are as follows:
- State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors and Staff: $150
- Spouses/Partners of State Dentist Well-Being Program Directors/Staff: $75
- State Dental Society Executive Directors: $150
- Dental Students: $0
- Dental Board Members: $0 (please enter code: CDHW2015)
Registration includes access to all workshops, breakfast and lunch on Friday, September 18.
The group housing block at the Ritz Carlton Chicago is now open for those who wish to make their hotel reservations.
The Ritz Carlton Chicago
160 E. Pearson
Chicago, IL 60611
Hotel Reservation Deadline:
Thursday, August 14, 2015
To make your hotel reservations at the Ritz Carlton:
Go to the Ritz Carlton Website or call the hotel directly and reference corporate/promo code, AH1AH1A.
This event is generously supported by: