The DENTPIN (DENTal Personal Identifier Number) is a unique personal identifier for professionals and students involved with the U.S. dental education system and standardized testing programs. If you tested or applied to test, a DENTPIN has been assigned to you and you can retrieve it by selecting DENTPIN Retrieval from the navigation bar on the left.
You must retrieve or register for a DENTPIN from this site and use it to apply to a dental education program or application service, apply to test, or request a score report.
The following programs use the DENTPIN to identify professionals and students for the confidential, secure reporting, transmission and tracking of test scores and testing data.
The name on your identification card(s) (IDs) must match exactly with the name in your DENTPIN record. If the name in your DENTPIN record and the name on your IDs do not match exactly, you will be denied admission to testing and will forfeit your testing appointment and fee. You will be required to submit a new application and fee.
To avoid delays in processing your application and score request, be sure that the information you provide to the following programs/organizations is accurate and identical (legal name, date of birth, and DENTPIN):
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) Part I/Part II
- National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Associated American Dental Schools Application Services (AADSAS)
- Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS)
- ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS),
- ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID)
- Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program (Match)
Retrieve DENTPIN or password
If you tested or applied to test, a DENTPIN has been assigned to you. To retrieve your DENTPIN, you will need to enter your:
- full name as it appears on your government issued ID (first name, middle name, last name). If you tested under a different name (for example a maiden name), do not register for a new DENTPIN, instead complete the DENTPIN request form below.
- date of birth (follow the format from the drop down menu).
- if you have forgotten your DENTPIN, retrieve your DENTPIN from the navigation bar on the left.
- if you know your DENTPIN but have forgotten your password, retrieve your password using DENTPIN Retrieval from the navigation bar on the left.
If you have difficulty retrieving your DENTPIN or password, please complete the DENTPIN request form below and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing Your DENTPIN Information
Do not register for a new DENTPIN if you need to change or correct:
- your name (e.g., if married/divorced name or spelling does not perfectly match your ID)
- your birth date
Instead, please complete this request form to change information: DENTPIN request form (PDF) and email it to: email@example.com.
If you experienced a problem and have already contacted us, we appreciate your patience as resolution may take five to seven business days.
Update DENTPIN information
Do not register for a new DENTPIN if you need to update your information (address, phone number, email address). To update your information, please select Update Your DENTPIN from the navigation bar on the left.
Register for a DENTPIN
Please do not register for a DENTPIN if you have previously tested or applied to test for the DAT, NBDE Part I/Part II or NBDHE. If you have taken or applied to take any of the exams, you already have a DENTPIN and you can retrieve your DENTPIN by selecting DENTPIN Retrieval from the navigation bar on the left.
If you are testing for the first time, you must register for a DENTPIN before you apply to test. Please register using your legal name as it appears on your government issued ID (first name, middle name, last name). When entering your email address, please use your personal address (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) and not your school email address, which may be obsolete after you graduate. Please note that due to spam and junk filters, some ADA.org emails may end up in your junk/spam inbox. Our office recommends adding the ADA to your confirmed/saved senders list.
Apply to Test
The name on your IDs must match exactly with the name in your DENTPIN record. If the name in your DENTPIN record and the name on your IDs do not match exactly, you will be denied admission to testing and forfeit your testing appointment and application fee. You will be required to submit a new application and fee.
Use your DENTPIN to apply to take the:
- Dental Admission Test (DAT): Apply Here
- National Board Dental Exam (NBDE) Part I: Apply Here
- National Board Dental Exam (NBDE) Part II: Apply Here
- National Board Dental Hygiene Exam (NBDHE): Apply Here
Send Official Score/Results Reports
Use your DENTPIN to send an official score/results report.
If you submit a score report request for only a NBDE Part I score, your request will require manual processing. Please notify DTS via firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and DENTPIN after you submit your NBDE Part I score report request.