Meet the Committee
The members of the Committee for an Integrated Exam (CIE) were appointed by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE). The CIE is currently composed of both ex-officio members of the Joint Commission, and former Joint Commission members who had been assigned to the CIE for the duration of the project.
The following are current members of the Joint Commission who are serving as ex-officio members of the CIE:
- Dr. Connie L. Drisko (Chair, JCNDE)
- Dr. LeeAnn Podruch (Vice Chair, JCNDE and Chair, Research and Development)
- Dr. Robert A. Hersh (Chair, Test Administration)
- Dr. Marc E. Levitan (Chair, Examination Development)
Consistency and continuity are important in any long term project both internally (to ensure the work moves forward) and externally (to facilitate communication). Given these needs, in 2009 the Joint Commission assigned current members of the Joint Commission to the CIE, with the intention for those individuals to serve for the duration of the project. To ensure appropriate representation, appointments were made as follows: two (2) CIE members had been American Dental Association (ADA) appointees to the JCNDE, two (2) had been American Dental Education Association (ADEA) appointees, and two (2) had been American Association of Dental Boards (AABD) appointees.
The following individuals were assigned to the CIE for the duration of the project:
- Dr. Mark Christensen, Chair
- Dr. B. Ellen Byrne
- Dr. Bruce D. Horn
- Dr. Stephen T. Radack III
- Dr. Ron J. Seeley
- Dr. Andrew Spielman
The Joint Commission and the CIE anticipate opportunities for additional individuals to participate on ad hoc committees, expert review panels and other activities, as the project progresses.
In addition, three consultants are assisting the CIE to ensure the psychometric soundness of the new examination. These consultants are:
- Dr. Gregory J. Cizek, Professor of Educational Measurement and Evaluation at the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dr. Michael T. Kane, Holder of the Messick Chair in Validity at the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, New Jersey
- Dr. Steven M. Downing Associate Professor of Medical Education, Emeritus at the University of Illinois at Chicago
The Joint Commission welcomes comments and feedback from all stakeholders and communities of interest. Information can be sent to the committee by email using the following address: email@example.com. While individual responses are not possible, the committee reviews all comments, feedback and questions.