ADA Library Resources and Services
Members now have access to the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Library of the Health Sciences. Download and review access information to the UIC Library of the Health Sciences (PDF).
Library electronic resources provide 24/7 access to information that benefit your dental career and practice.
DISCOVERY (member login) allows members to search the entire ADA Library & Archives collection of electronic and print journals, books, and databases. ADA Staff & Members Access: select Open Athens log-in; select Find Your Organization; search for the American Dental Association; then log-in using your ADA account.
Use DISCOVERY Now
- eJournals & eBooks Browse List (member login) is a customized subscription list that allows browsing and reading full-text journal articles from your desktop.
- DynaMed Plus (member login) is an evidence-based information database for use at the point of care. DynaMed Plus is updated daily, and provides access to thousands of evidence-based clinical topic summaries, clinical calculators, images, and more.
- Dentistry & Oral Sciences Source (DOSS) (member login) is the definitive place to conduct online dental literature research. DOSS offers an extensive collection of important full-text journals, as well as full-text monographs.
- Use the ADA Library & Archives Online Catalog to discover what books and journals are available (print and electronic).
- In addition to the links above the ADA Library and Archives provides access to the Cochrane Library (member login required) for high quality systematic reviews of primary research in dentistry, human health care, and health policy.
- The ADA Library maintains a book collection of 15,000 titles on general and specialty clinical dentistry topics and the history of dentistry which can be viewed in the ADA Library reading room.
- Over 600 journal titles are available in print only. Articles may be requested from these titles, and can be scanned and emailed or photocopied and sent by mail. Call the Library for more information.
- PubMed/MEDLINE is the National Library of Medicine’s (NLM) searchable database of almost 20 million citations from more than 5,400 medical, dental, health and scientific journals (approximately 200 dental journals are included in this group).
- Recommendations or referrals to sources of dental information.
- Assistance with PubMed searches, using Loansome Doc for document delivery
- Access to ADA Archives and historical information.
- Assistance with Internet searches
- Customized lists of current articles and abstracts on dental topics.