10 Under 10 Awards:
Help us shine a light on America’s brightest new dentists
Do you know a new dentist who’s making an impact in the profession? We’re recognizing 10 amazing dentists who graduated from dental school less than 10 years ago and are already inspiring their colleagues by making a difference in dentistry. The American Dental Association 10 Under 10 Award celebrates dentistry’s rising stars – dentists who demonstrate excellence and inspire others in science, research & education, practice excellence, philanthropy, leadership, and advocacy to name a few.
Winners will be recognized in ADA News, the New Dentist Now blog and other ADA channels and will receive a $1,000 gift card.
NOMINATE NOW (Deadline: December 31, 2017)
Examples of Areas of Excellence:
- Science/Research/Education: A dentist who has made substantial contributions to advancing clinical topics by leading, organizing or participating in clinical research or scientifically focused efforts or who significantly impacts students through education and mentorship.
- Practice Excellence: A dentist who doesn’t settle for the status quo and has implemented an innovative or more effective way to do one or more of the following: Improve patient experience, Market or grow their practice, Manage their dental team. Practice methods serve as an inspiration to other dentists.
- Philanthropy: A dentist who has made a remarkable difference in the lives of others (in dentistry or otherwise), either by volunteering, leading a philanthropic effort or using their skills to help those in need.
- Leadership: A dentist who serves in leadership, either within or outside dentistry, and has used that position to improve a dental association, another organization or their community at large.
- Advocacy: A dentist who takes a leadership role in advocacy initiatives or legislative activity on behalf of dentists and oral health initiatives.
Who can you nominate?
Active member of the American Dental Association
- Graduated dental school between the years of 2008 and 2017
- Exhibited excellence in areas such as Science, Research & Education, Practice Excellence, Philanthropy, Leadership and Advocacy
- Self-nominations are permitted
- Complete all required fields in the application form. Specifically, upload a CV for nominee, describe reason for nomination and include your information as nominator for follow-up if needed (note, you will need to complete the full application to submit and will not be able to save and come back at a future time).
- E-signature to ensure authenticity.
Nominations must be submitted by December 31, 2017, and winners will be chosen in early 2018 by the ADA New Dentist Committee. Current members of the New Dentist Committee are not eligible to receive the award. (state and local new dentist committee members and past ADA New Dentist Committee members are eligible, however).
Please note: you will need to complete the full application to submit and will not be able to save and come back at a future time.