ADA Golden Apple Awards to Recognize Success of Dental Societies
March 28, 2012
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Journalists) or Contact ADA (All Others)
CHICAGO, March 28, 2012 – The American Dental Association (ADA) Golden Apple Awards recognize dental society leaders, members and staff who have contributed to the success of their oral health related programs and activities. Now in its 24th year, the program offers opportunities for dental societies to showcase programs and activities produced between June 1, 2011, and May 31. Entries can be submitted electronically between May 1 and June 1.
Societies can submit entries in any (or all) of these categories:
- A new category in 2012—Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity and
- Achievement in Dental School/Student Involvement in Organized Dentistry;
- Excellence in Access to Dental Care Programs;
- Excellence in Dental Health Promotion to the Public;
- Excellence in Dentist Well-Being Activities;
- Excellence in Member-Related Services/Benefits;
- Excellence in Membership Recruitment and Retention Activity;
- Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion;
- Legislative Achievement;
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics;
- The Green Apple—Excellence in Environmentally Sustainable Programs and Education;
- Open Category - Innovative and successful programs that do not fit into any other existing Golden Apple Awards Program categories.
All 2012 entries should be submitted electronically. Forms are available at ADA Golden Apple. For assistance, contact Dental Society Services at 312.440.2600 or e-mail email@example.com.
Entries can be submitted electronically anytime after May 1 through the June 1 deadline. Winners will be notified by Sept. 7 and each receives the prestigious and distinctive Golden Apple trophy as well as mention in The Journal of the American Dental Association, ADA News and ADA.org.
Editor’s Note: Reporters are invited to follow ADA media relations on Twitter @AmerDentalAssn
About the ADA
The not-for-profit ADA is the nation's largest dental association, representing 159,000 dentist members. The premier source of oral health information, the ADA has advocated for the public's health and promoted the art and science of dentistry since 1859. The ADA's state-of-the-art research facilities develop and test dental products and materials that have advanced the practice of dentistry and made the patient experience more positive. The ADA Seal of Acceptance long has been a valuable and respected guide to consumer dental care products. The monthly The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) is the ADA's flagship publication and the best-read scientific journal in dentistry. For more information about the ADA, visit ADA.org. For more information on oral health, including prevention, care and treatment of dental disease, visit the ADA's consumer website MouthHealthy.org