Ta-da! ADA unveils new e-catalog website
February 20, 2012
By Jean Williams, ADA News staff
The ADA has launched a new, streamlined e-catalog website for product purchases.
ADA members asked for the new product site, seeking an easier and more dynamic user experience. One of the improvements from the special assessment for technology by the 2010 House of Delegates gave members exactly what they asked for at www.adacatalog.org
“We’re extremely pleased with it,” said ADA President Dr. William Calnon. “It’s very gratifying to be able to deliver what our members have expressed a need to have. We encourage everyone to take it for a spin. We think you’ll appreciate the evolution that’s taken place.”
Aptify, a provider of association management software solutions, worked with the ADA to design the system behind the new site.
Here are some of the system’s best features:
• Streamlined navigation and faster searches;
• A much better shopping experience, whether browsing for ideas or searching for specific products;
• Main categories: professional resources, personalized products, patient education, and research and standards (includes standards and informatics, and surveys and economic research);
• “People who bought this also bought” and “related products” categories;
• Product samples and tables of contents for most products;
• “Quick View” and “Quick Add” shortcuts to your favorite products;
• “Wish list” feature to save items for later purchase;
• “Double-check” view now provided on personalized product orders;
• Members see discounts immediately after log-in;
• A link to purchase ADA downloads for Kindle and Nook.
Members who visit the site and purchase products through March 31 can save $25 on a purchase of $150 or more. The discount applies to Web orders only using priority code 12503E.
If you have questions about the new site, call 1-800-947-4746.