New surveys available
January 16, 2012
Two new reports are now available by the ADA Health Policy Resources Center.
"Geographic Distribution of Dentists in the United States " is authored by Kent D. Nash, Ph.D., president of Nash and Associates Inc. located in College Station, Texas. As an economist, Dr. Nash has been involved with research in dentistry and dental practice for many years.
The purpose of the report is to examine the economic factors associated with the geographic distribution of dentists across the U.S. That is, are there systematic economic reasons that account for the geographic location of dentists or are the conditions influencing location too complex for analysis?
The report is available in hard copy in the ADA Catalog (GEO-2011) by calling 1-800-947-4746. The cost of the hard copy is $80 for ADA members, $120 for nonmember dentists and $240 for commercial firms, plus shipping and handling.
The 2011 Survey of Dental Fees report includes:
- national average fees charged by general practitioners and each of six specialties;
- statistics for fees of 209 commonly performed dental procedures by general practitioners at the national level;
- fees charged by general practitioners in each of the nine U.S. Census divisions;
- means, modes and eight percentiles for each procedure;
- dental procedures identified by procedure code and nomenclature from the Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature as published in the ADA's CDT 2011-12.
The report is also available for purchase in hard copy format (product ID SDF-2011), and costs $125 for ADA members, $187.50 for nonmember dentists, and $375 for commercial organizations, plus shipping and handling. Nonmember dentists and commercial organizations may also purchase a downloadable version of the report (product ID SDF-2011D) for the same price, excluding the shipping and handling fee. Order by calling 1-800-947-4746 or visiting www.adacatalog.org.