ADEA foundation announces winners of the 2012 Gies Awards
March 19, 2012
Orlando, Fla.—The ADEA Gies Foundation March 19 presented the 2012 William J. Gies Awards for Vision, Innovation and Achievement during the ADEA annual session.
Named for dental education pioneer William J. Gies, Ph.D., the awards honor individuals and organizations exemplifying dedication to the highest standards of vision, innovation and achievement in dental education, research and leadership.
- Dalhousie University Faculty of Dentistry—Gies Awards for Achievement: Academic Dental Institution;
- Dr. Johann de Vries, University of Adelaide School of Dentistry—Gies Awards for Achievement: Dental Educator;
- Dr. Gregg H. Gilbert, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry—Gies Awards for Vision: Dental Educator;
- Dr. William K. Lobb, Marquette University School of Dentistry—Gies Awards for Innovation: Dental Educator;
- Massachusetts Dental Society—Gies Awards for Innovation: Public or Private Partner;
- Naples Children and Education Foundation—Gies Awards for Vision: Public or Private Partner;
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry—Gies Awards for Innovation: Academic Dental Institution;
- Dr. Anthony R. Volpe, Colgate-Palmolive Co.—Gies Awards for Achievement: Public or Private Partner;
- Dr. Esther M. Wilkins, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine—Gies Awards for Achievement: Dental Educator.