Special events, activities for new dentists on tap for Annual Session
March 19, 2012
San Francisco—The 2012 Annual Session offers many opportunities for new dentists to connect with colleagues while learning about the latest and greatest advances in dentistry.
Registration opens April 11, but mark your calendar now for the 2012 Annual Session, Oct. 18-21, in San Francisco. Don’t miss out on the following:
- The New Dentist Reception takes place Friday, Oct. 19 (5:30-7 p.m.) at the trendy ROE Restaurant, 651 Howard St., San Francisco’s premier boutique nightclub and lounge destination located just a half-block from Moscone Center. Dentists who graduated from dental school less than 10 years ago and dental students will be invited to attend. Tickets are $15 each (limit two per person) and include light fare and two beverage tickets per person. The reception is provided by the generous support of Wells Fargo Practice Finance.
- The ADA presents “The California Experience,” with the tastes, sights and sounds of Northern California in a garden party under the lights at Yerba Buena Gardens, just steps from the Moscone Center, on Saturday, Oct. 20. Enjoy local culinary treats with appetizers that feature the diversity of the San Francisco neighborhoods and sample the wines that have made Northern California a wine lover’s paradise. Attendees will be able to shop from marvelous local artisans featuring an array of talents and enjoy the incredible sounds of local performers as they fill the air with music.
- Explore the latest technologies at your own pace at Annual Session. The ADA continues to increase its menu of flexible continuing education. Visit ADA CE Hub locations to gain CE on your own schedule. Areas include the Laser Pavilion, the Professional Product Review, the Pride Institute Technology Expo, the Live-Patient CAD/CAM Stage, the 3-D Imaging Center, the Dental Office Design Competition and more.
- Follow the Annual Session on social media. Join the Annual Session Facebook group by logging on and searching for “ADA Annual Session.” When the 2012 Annual Session smartphone app becomes available in May, a link will be posted on Facebook. Follow the ADA on Twitter, too. Log on and search for “ADA Annual Session” and the 2012 Annual Session logo.
- An added bonus for California dentists: the 2012 ADA Annual Session offers the California-mandated courses, Dental Board of California Infection Control and The California Dental Practice Act, each day Thursday through Sunday.