State, local new dentist committee award nominations due Dec. 1
November 05, 2012
Nominations are open for the ADA New Dentist Committee Awards. State or local dental societies must submit nomination forms by Dec. 1.
There are five award categories to acknowledge outstanding contributions to organized dentistry. The awards include:
• Golden Apple Award for New Dentist Leadership: Recognizes an ADA member dentist who graduated on or after Jan. 1, 2003, and who has demonstrated outstanding leadership initiative in organized dentistry.
• Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring: Recognizes an ADA member dentist who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in mentoring.
• Golden Apple Award for New Dentist Legislative Leadership: Recognizes an ADA member dentist who graduated on or after Jan. 1, 2003, and who has demonstrated outstanding political/legislative leadership initiative.
• New Dentist Committee Outstanding Program Award of Excellence: Recognizes a constituent or component new dentist committee for a single program or service that meets the needs of dental students, recent graduates and/or new dentists, or that facilitates their involvement in organized dentistry.
• Outstanding New Dentist Committee Award: Recognizes a constituent or component society new dentist committee for overall achievement in or more of the following areas: new dentist advocacy, communications, events, leadership development, membership growth, promotion of professional ethics and public service/community outreach.
The ADA sent information via email to new dentist leaders, executive directors, and presidents of constituent and component societies. Award recipients will be recognized at the ADA 27th New Dentist Conference, July 18-20, 2013, in Denver. Recipients will receive complimentary conference registration and receive $500 to help defray travel expenses.
For more information and to download nomination forms, visit ada.org/goldenapple.aspx. For more information, contact the ADA New Dentist Committee office at Ext. 2779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.