Oral health resources available from National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center
September 10, 2012
Washington—New online and print resources are available from the National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center:
- Oral Health Resources Bulletin: Volume XXVII features recently produced materials including final reports from the MCHB’s Targeted Oral Health Service Systems projects, four-year projects which provided support to programs to foster statewide approaches for preventing oral diseases and promoting sustainability of oral health programs.
- Resource Highlights: Focus on Health Literacy features materials such as the ADA’s Health Literacy in Dentistry: Action Plan 2010-2012 and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Toolkit for Making Written Materials Clear and Effective.
- Resource Highlights: Focus on School Readiness features resources from the National Training Institute for Child Care Health Consultants, the Pew Home Visiting Campaign and the National Academy for State Health Policy.
- Oral Health for Infants, Children, Adolescents and Pregnant Women is a knowledge path guide to recent resources that analyze data, describe programs and report on policy and research aimed at improving access to and quality of oral health care.
- Oral Health for Maryland’s Kids: A Head Start Teacher’s Guide for Creating Healthy Smiles is a curriculum to help Head Start teachers instill positive oral health knowledge, attitudes and behaviors in children and families.
- Oral Health in Head Start: A Resource Guide (2nd edition) features descriptions of journal articles from the peer-reviewed literature and materials and lists federal agencies, resource centers and national professional associations that may serve as resources.
- Resource Highlights: Focus on Fluoride Varnish (2nd edition) identifies high-quality materials and websites like South Carolina’s updated Fluoride Varnish Manual for Health Professionals and the American Academy of Pediatrics’ State Information and Resource Map (with information on training and reimbursement for fluoride varnish).
Visit MCH Oral Health for more information on these and other resources.