Tech Expo to showcase products, CE
September 03, 2012
By Stacie Crozier, ADA News staff
—Annual Session-goers have an opportunity to see and test drive the high-tech dental equipment, materials and systems rated Best of Class by a panel of dental industry experts when they visit the Pride Institute Technology Expo in the ADA CE Hub Oct. 18-20.
Tech Expo: 2011: Annual Session attendees see and learn about Pride Institute Technology Expo Best of Class winners in Las Vegas
The third annual Technology Expo will showcase 18 Best of Class winners and offer 12 free one-hour courses highlighting the Best of Class winners.
The 2012-13 Best of Class winners include:
- Air Techniques’ Spectra Caries Detection Aid
- Align Technology’s iTero
- AvaDent Digital Dentures
- Bien Air MCX Motor
- Biomet 3i’s BellaTek Encode Impression System
- DENTCA CAD/CAM Dentures
- Glidewell Dental Lab’s BruxZir Solid Zirconia
- KaVo Dental’s COMFORTdrive
- Kerr Corporation’s SonicFill
- LED Dental’s VELscope Vx
- Lighthouse 360
- Liptak Dental’s DDS Rescue
- Millennium Dental’s PerioLase MVP-7
- Orascoptic Freedom
- Reality Engineering’s GURU
- Schick CDR Elite with WiFi
- Sirona Dental System’s CEREC 4.0
- Ultradent’s VALO
“The Pride Institute Best of Class Technology Expo combines technology and social media presentations from numerous key opinion leaders as well as hands-on opportunities to experience the most prestigious products in the industry,” said Dr. Lou Shuman, president, Pride Institute and Best of Class founder. “Annual Session attendees will be able to see and test the Pride Best of Class Winners in one 9,000-square-foot exhibit and classroom on the exhibit floor at Moscone South instead of having to go from exhibit booth to exhibit booth to find them.”
The Technology Expo CE courses, taught by experts in technology, business planning and marketing, are designed to help participants learn how to build a business model, implement effective marketing plans, effectively utilize social media and more. A ticket is required to attend these courses. Courses include:
- Day-to-Day Technology That Can Improve Your Practice, by Dr. John Flucke (course 5701);
- How to Differentiate Your Practice Online From Your Competition, by Chuck Barton (course 5702 or 7704);
- The Key to Creating a New Technology Culture, by Amy Morgan (course 5703);
- To Tweet or Not to Tweet: Managing Risks of Social Media Use in the Office, by Ali Oromchian, J.D. (course 5704 or 7703);
- Restorative Dentistry—Are We There Yet?, by Dr. Parag Kachalia (course 6701);
- The Social Media Rules of Engagement: Connecting with Past, Present and Prospective Patients, by Dr. Lou Shuman (course 6702);
- Digital Diagnosis Through Digital Caries Detection, by Dr. John Flucke (course 6703);
- New Marketing Musts: What Really Attracts and Retains Patients Through Online Strategies, by Amy Morgan (course 6704);
- Internet Marketing: Opening the Door to Increased Revenue Through New Patient Acquisition and Retention, by Dr. Lou Shuman (course 7701);
- The New Era of Digital Diagnostics—Visualization Beyond our Eyes and Explorers, by Dr. Parag Kachalia (course 7702).
Visit ADA Session for course descriptions, dates and times or to register.
“Last year, a standing room only crowd of 1,500 dental professionals attended Tech Expo CE lectures,” said Dr. Shuman. “This year, the expo has expanded its capacity and features 12 free one-hour courses designed to have an immediate impact on the ability for dental professionals to expand their practice and effectively treat patients.”
The Pride Best of Class expert panel includes Drs. Lou Shuman, John Flucke, Paul Feuerstein, Parag Kachalia, Marty Jablow, Larry Emmott and Titus Schleyer.