New CE options at Annual Session
March 18, 2013
New Orleans—From a town hall meeting with ADA leadership to a panel discussion on social media, the ADA will offer several new continuing education options at the 2013 Annual Session Oct. 31-Nov. 3 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
New CE opportunities include:
• ADA Town Hall—Participants can talk with ADA President Robert A. Faiella, President-elect Charles H. Norman III and Executive Director Kathleen T. O'Loughlin on the latest issues facing dentistry—including industry trends and the job market; hear about the state of the Association and its roadmap for the future; and learn about the positions the ADA House of Delegates is taking on specific issues.
• Progressive Perio—For general dentists who want to learn more about periodontology, the ADA and the American Academy of Periodontology offer 2.5 hours of advanced perio education featuring Drs. Tom Kepic, Charles Goodacre, Eugene Roberts and John Phelps.
• Social Media Panel—Dr. Edward Zuckerberg, father of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Dr. Lou Shuman, president of Pride Institute and Dr. Ali Oromchian, CEO and co-founder of HR for Health, will provide the latest insights on social media to keep participants engaged and energized personally and professionally.
• Health and Fitness Center—Attend a lunch and learn and discover healthy eating habits that fit the needs of a busy on-the-go schedule or choose from a variety of lectures. From posture techniques and fitness routines to nutrition advice and supplements to feed your body the right nutrients, participants will leave these courses feeling motivated to live a healthy lifestyle.
• Learning Labs—Peer-to-peer interactive discussions for up to 50 participants on issues like women in dentistry or challenges in treating older patients. Watch for more information on topics, times and dates.
• Hot Topics—A series of 90-minute courses on Nov. 2 that will discuss the latest trends in dentistry.
Annual Session registration opens April 17 for attendees of the 2012 Annual Session in San Francisco (2012 attendees will receive an email April 17 with instructions on how to register early). General registration opens May 1. For more information or to register, visit ADA.org/session.