CODA to hold two open hearings in New Orleans
October 07, 2013
New Orleans—The Commission on Dental Accreditation is holding two open hearings during this year's ADA Annual Session.
The first CODA open hearing is Thursday, Oct. 31, from 10-11 a.m., at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, Grand Salon Section 3/6. The second open hearing will be held Saturday, Nov. 2, from 8-9 a.m., at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, Grand Ballroom C.
The hearings are designed to provide CODA's communities of interest with an opportunity to comment on proposed revisions to accreditation standards for dental, allied dental and advanced dental education programs.
Those who wish to comment should bring a written copy to submit at either session. The agenda for both hearings is the same.
Comments are due Dec. 1 on the following proposed standards for:
- Advanced Education Programs in General Dentistry (Appendix II)
- Advanced Education Programs in General Practice Residency (Appendix III)
- Advanced Specialty Education Programs in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Appendix IV)
- Advanced General Dentistry Education Programs in Oral Medicine (Appendix V)
- Dental Therapy Education Programs (Appendix VI)
To view and download the standards for which the commission is seeking comment, go to the CODA website.
Attendees are encouraged to print a copy of the documents and bring them to the open hearings. No print copies of the documents will be provided.
For those who do not provide comment at one of the hearings, they may submit written comment through Dec. 1 via email to CODA director Sherin Tooks, Ed.D., at email@example.com or by U.S. mail to Director, Commission on Dental Accreditation, 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago IL 60611.