MOM volunteers, sponsors set to transform lives at Big Easy Smiles
October 21, 2013
New Orleans—About a mile from the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Mardi Gras World is a place where magic happens when ideas and fantasies turn into incredible parade floats for the city's annual Mardi Gras celebration.
On Nov. 3, hundreds of volunteers will gather there to roll up their sleeves and make magic happen for about 1,000 Louisiana area residents in desperate need of dental care at the first-ever national Mission of Mercy program.
The ADA is hosting the Big Easy Smiles MOM event from 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in conjunction with the America's Dentists Care Foundation with the support of the Louisiana Dental Association and the New Orleans Dental Association.
Several generous sponsors have contributed funds, products and services to the ADA MOM event, including:
- Church & Dwight Company, Inc.;
- Colgate-Palmolive Company;
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana;
- Delta Dental of California;
- Freeman Decorating Services, Inc.;
- Henry Schein Cares Foundation;
- Mardi Gras World;
- Patterson Foundation;
- Acadian Ambulance;
- Fortress Insurance;
- Henry Schein Dental;
- Iberia Bank;
- Johnson & Johnson;
- Kerr Total Care;
- Lands' End;
- Loop Linen;
- Louisiana Dental Association Foundation;
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry;
- Patterson Dental;
- Pot-O-Gold Waste;
- Salvation Army;
- SS White Burs.