2014 Dental Office Design competition open
February 03, 2014
By Kelly Soderlund, ADA News staff
Wells Fargo Practice Finance is accepting entries for the 14th Annual Dental Office Design Competition.
A panel of dental industry and design experts will judge the entries, and winners will be announced in October at ADA 2014—America's Dental Meeting in San Antonio, Texas.
All newly built offices and offices with leasehold improvements or renovations completed between Jan. 1, 2011, and Dec. 31, 2013, are eligible to enter. All practice types and sizes are welcome. Entries must be postmarked by July 31.
Comfortable setting: Drs. Jack Lewright and Brent Lewright, of Lewright Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in San Angelo, Texas, won Dental Office Design of the Year—Group Practice.
Area of practice: The operatory aisle at Lewright Family & Cosmetic Dentistry also got a makeover, helping the dentists win a dental office design award from Wells Fargo Practice Finance.
Designing for the future: Dr. John F. Dahm stands in his Hutchinson, Kansas, dental office, which won Dental Office Design of the Year—Small Practice.
A grand prize Dental Office Design of the Year winner will be selected from Small Practice and Group Practice categories.
Grand prize winners will receive a $2,500 bonus marketing fund, media exposure, an engraved plaque and more.
Awards and media coverage will also be presented to Outstanding Achievement award winners in the following categories:
- Outstanding New Dentist Practice recognizes the best new, remodeled or expanded facility for the first practice owned by a doctor or group of doctors who have graduated from dental school since 2004.
- Outstanding Specialty Practice recognizes the best new, remodeled or expanded facility for a specialty practice.
- Outstanding Design Efficiency recognizes the most effective space planning and use of square footage to meet practice needs and objectives.
For complete details, including award categories, prizes and other information, or to enter the competition, visit wellsfargo.com/dodc.
The website also includes a look at previous winners, including those announced at the 2013 ADA meeting in New Orleans. They are:
- Dental Office Design of the Year—Small Practice: Dr. John F. Dahm, Hutchinson, Kansas;
- Dental Office Design of the Year—Group Practice: Drs. Jack Lewright and Brent Lewright, Lewright Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, San Angelo, Texas;
- Outstanding Achievement for a New Dentist Practice: Drs. Charles Parrish and Jennifer Parrish, Parrish Dentistry, Llano, Texas.
During the New Orleans meeting, the Dental Office Design Center included a look at the year's winning entries and insights into design concepts and approaches.
One visitor to the display, Dr. John Williams, said that as a dental educator, he was interested in taking information back to his students.
Sponsored by Wells Fargo Practice Finance, the design center also included a model of a dental operatory, complete with the latest equipment from Patterson Dental.
Wells Fargo professionals were on hand to provide information from a lender's perspective on how to obtain loans for practice setup or projects.
Dr. Williams attended a continuing education course on that subject with the intention of bringing the information back to the students at the Indiana University School of Dentistry, where he is the dean.
"We have a lot of students and recent graduates who are interested in launching their own practice and they need capital to do that," Dr. Williams said.
"I'm interested in the lender's perspective on how they can best achieve their financial goals."
Wells Fargo Practice Finance is the only practice lender selected especially for ADA members and endorsed by ADA Business Resources.
In addition to the ADA and Well Fargo Practice Finance, the competition is sponsored by ADA Business Resources and Dental Economics.