AADR Fall Focused Symposium to kick off Oct. 7-8 in conjunction with ADA 2014
October 07, 2014
San Antonio —
AADR President Timothy A. DeRouen
Get a jump on the rigors of science and research as they relate to practice at the seventh annual AADR Fall Focused Symposium, Oct. 7-8, preceding ADA 2014 – America's Dental Meeting here.
Holding the AADR annual symposium in conjunction with the ADA annual meeting is a first, said Timothy A. DeRouen, Ph.D., AADR president, who conferred with the ADA Division of Science to focus the symposium's theme: Research Translated Into Practice.
"The idea is to create more interaction between practitioners and researchers on some topics that are relevant to the practice of dentistry," Dr. DeRouen said. "We tried to choose topics that, from discussions, seemed to be relevant at this point in time in the practice of dentistry. We want to present these different topics and talk about what evidence there is surrounding them and hopefully get [dentists] to decide if they should change what they do in practice as a result of this evidence."
Registration for the two-day symposium will be available onsite at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. Dr. Daniel Meyer, ADA senior vice president for Science and Professional Affairs, will join Dr. DeRouen in opening remarks to welcome participants and set the stage for seven panel discussions, including:
- Challenges and Solutions to Implementing Evidence-based Practice
- The Epidemiology and Clinical Implications of HPV-associated Oropharyngeal Cancer.
- Efficacy of Mineral Trioxide Aggregate Use for Direct Pulp Capping in Adults.
- Digital Dentistry: Evidence for Clinical Efficiency and Efficacy.
- Third Molars: To Extract or Not to Extract?
- Personalized Oral Health Care and Its Potential Impact on Dental Practice.
- Opportunities for Practitioners to Participate in Research: The National Dental Practice-based Research Network.
The recipient of the ADA/AADR Evidence-Based Dentistry Faculty Award, a new joint honor that the two organizations created, will be named at the symposium.
Participants also will be privy to networking opportunities and a selection of scientific posters.
For more information, including registration fees, a full meeting agenda and panel speakers, visit www.aadr.org/ffs2014.