Ready for ADA 2014?
September 15, 2014
San Antonio — Before you finish packing and head to ADA 2014 — America’s Dental Meeting, here are a few things you will want to remember.
Check the mail
Every individual registered for the meeting will receive a separate mailing packet with their badge and tickets, even if several individuals from the same office or household registered. Packets may not arrive at the same time.
Navigate the convention center
Course locations can be found on your course ticket or in the Official Guide, available at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. If you purchased course tickets after your badge was mailed, you can print those tickets on-site at a reprint station located in the registration areas in the convention center.
Check your badge for admittance
Everyone attending the Opening General Session and Distinguished Speaker Series featuring President George W. Bush Oct. 9, 9-10:30 a.m. at the Alamodome, must be pre-registered and have a bar code, like the one shown at right, on their badge for entry. (If your badge does not have a bar code, you must log back in to your registration, add the event, then reprint your badge on-site.) The bar code allows admittance for a one-time entry and is nontransferable. No large bags or backpacks are allowed at the program. No coat or bag check will be available at the Alamodome. Audio and video recording are strictly prohibited.
Doors open at 8:15 a.m. Hotels within walking distance to the convention center will have shuttle pickup outside the Grand Hyatt (curbside on Market). All other hotels will have shuttle schedules posted in the lobby.
Hit the Exhibit Hall
The Exhibit Hall features 550 exhibiting companies showcasing the latest dental technology and products Oct. 9, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Oct. 10, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; and Oct. 11, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Special Events tickets are still available. Purchase online, on-site at the registration area in the convention center or at the door.
- The Welcome Celebration — including a Texas-style tailgate party with food, drinks and live music — will be Oct. 9, 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Historic Sunset Station. The cost is $65 for adults and $35 for children under 12 and includes round-trip transportation from ADA hotels, admission, food and two drink tickets for beer, wine, soft drinks or bottled water.
- The New Dentist Reception is Oct. 10, 5:30-7 p.m. at the convention center, Lonesome Dove Room. New dentists (graduated from dental school in 2005 or later) and dental students are invited. Attendees must be 21. The cost is $30 and includes food and drinks. A ticket is required for entry.
ADA shuttle bus service
The ADA provides complimentary shuttle transportation for attendees between ADA official hotels not within walking distance and the convention center.
Shuttles will drop off and pick up in front of Ballroom A. Shuttle service is only available to hotels in the official ADA hotel block. An ADA 2014 badge is required for bus loading.
Shuttle hours are:
- Oct. 8, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Oct. 9, 6 a.m.-7 p.m. (Extended service will also be available from the Welcome Reception until 10 p.m.)
- Oct. 10 and 11, 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 12, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Download course handouts online at ADA.org/meeting beginning Sept. 9. Course handouts will not be distributed on-site.
Select courses will be filmed and streamed live on ADA365, the online extension of the annual meeting, and available for viewing after the meeting. Find out more at ADA.org/meeting.
ADA 2014 mobile app
The new mobile app is coming soon. Sync your course schedule to the mobile app and get updated course information, exhibitor listings, show specials and more.
Visit ADA.org/meeting for updates on availability.