Spend a free hour earning CE on the exhibit floor
September 15, 2014
Shop, network, learn: The Laser Pavilion is one of 10 areas in the Exhibit Hall offering CE opportunities during ADA 2014.
— The ADA offers those attending ADA 2014 — America's Dental Meeting a productive and innovative take on the power lunch – or a free hour any time the Exhibit Hall is open with 10 different options to earn continuing education credit on the exhibit floor.
"Everyone who attends the ADA annual meeting will want to experience firsthand the award-winning and innovative CE opportunities that are available on the floor," said Dr. James Galati, chair of the Council on ADA Sessions.
"There are several different focus areas where you can find ADA CE Live courses," added Dr. Galati. "Options range from professional topics like dental specialties, technology, office design, student research and hands-on clinical testing to personal health, fitness, work/life balance and even networking and CE in Spanish and Portuguese from international clinicians."
Make the most of a free hour between courses or at lunch by choosing one of dozens of free CE opportunities in the Exhibit Hall. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. See the Official Guide, available at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, for program titles, presenters, course information and times.
- The new Specialty Pavilion will feature lectures followed by a meet and greet presented by six different specialty organizations, where attendees can ask questions of the speakers, engage in peer-to-peer discussion and network. The programs will be held in Hall C/D, Booth 1471.
- Learn more about dental office design and see the winners of the 2014 Dental Office Design Competition at the Dental Office Design Center in Hall C/D, Booth 1016.
- See and test the 19 Best of Class winners at the 2014 Pride Institute Technology Expo and earn CE at 12 free one-hour continuing lectures on the latest developments in dental technology taught by leaders in the industry in Hall A/B, Booth 4139.
- See live-patient demonstrations from digital impressions to in-office milling at the Live-Patient CAD/CAM stage in Hall C/D, Booth 1043.
- Learn about safe and effective use of laser technology at the Laser Pavilion, Hall A/B, Booth 3427.
- For CE courses in Spanish and Portugese presented by international experts, to network with international attendees or to enjoy complimentary internet access, visit the International Learning Lounge between Halls B and C.
- Hear a presentation from one of 14 up-and-coming speakers on a wide range of topics, or scout new presenters for your local dental meeting at the New and Emerging Speaker Series in Hall A/B, Booth 3831.
- View the work of the best and brightest dental student scientists at the 54th ADA/DENTSPLY Student Clinician Research Program on Oct. 11, 1-3 p.m. on Level 2, outside Room 217.
- Spend an hour learning how to improve your curing light technique at the ADA Professional Product Review Booth. The course includes a short presentation and time at one of four hands-on stations in Hall A/B, Booth 2614.
- For a focus on wellness, work/life balance and ergonomics, register for a course at the Health and Fitness Center at the convention center, Ballroom A. The course track offers 11 courses, including three Lunch and Learn sessions (with a healthy lunch included in the ticket price). Courses without lunch are free, but all require advance registration and a ticket. For a list of courses or to register, visit ADA.org/meeting, click on the Continuing Education tab and then the Health and Fitness Center button.