Dentistry in long-term care CE course available
July 08, 2015
The Association is offering an online continuing education course
in dental care for older adults in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and senior centers. The 10-hour course will be discounted at $250 for ADA members through Nov. 1.
The course has an introduction and eight modules that cover the following topics:
- How are long-term care facilities organized and who works there;
- Getting involved: choosing a delivery model that works for you;
- Regulatory and legal compliance;
- Creating and organizing an oral health program;
- Working with complex patients;
- Financial considerations in long term care;
- Establishing an environment where effective daily mouth care happens, and
- Staying current: accessing the scientific literature.
Registration and further information is posted at ADA.org