New Dentist Conference CE covers debt, future, leadership and more
August 22, 2016
From learning how to manage student loan debt and maintaining a comfortable work-life balance to staying up-to-date on the future of health care and becoming leaders, the New Dentist Conference continuing education lineup is like choosing your own adventure.
This year's New Dentist Conference will be held Oct. 20-22 in Denver. In between networking opportunities and unwinding with colleagues at the New Dentist Reception, attendees can earn up to six CE hours per day from a wide-range of courses.
These CE courses are only for new dentists who registered for the New Dentist Conference. New dentists who registered for ADA 2016 but not the New Dentist Conference cannot take these courses. The CE courses dedicated to dentists less than 10 years out of dental school are:
- MATTER: Create Move Value to Become the Obvious Choice by keynote speaker Peter Sheahan, founder and group CEO of Karrikins Group, Thursday, Oct. 20, 10-11 a.m.
- Increase Influence: Discover Eight Attributes of Successful Leaders, Thursday, Oct. 20, 1:15-2:45 p.m.
- Fit to Lead: A Guide for the New Dentist, Thursday, Oct. 20, 3:15-4:15 p.m.
- Dentistry for Kids: The Fast Tract to Your Practice Success!, Friday, Oct. 21, 8-9 a.m.
- How Mindfulness Rewires Your Brain for Excellence, Friday, Oct. 21, 8-9 a.m.
- Sure Wish I Understood These Three Things When I Was a New Dentist, Friday, Oct. 21, 9:10-10:10 a.m.
- Dental Insurance Reimbursement, Friday, Oct. 21, 10:20-11:20 a.m.
- To Tax, Financial Planning, and Investment Strategies for New Doctors, Friday, Oct. 21, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- What's Your Competitive Edge? The Tree Step System to Growth and Success, Friday, Oct. 21, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Integrating Airway to Daily Practice, Friday, Oct. 21, 1:20-2:20 p.m.
- Dentologie DNA: Building a Brand Not a Practice, Friday, Oct. 21, 1:20-3:20 p.m.
- Informed Consent for New Dentists, Friday, Oct. 21, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
In addition, the New Dentist Conference this year include several "Campfire Sessions," such as:
- Getting Involved, Thursday, Oct. 20, 1:15-2:15 p.m.
- Advocacy & You, Thursday, Oct. 20, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Idea Exchange, Thursday, Oct. 20, 3:45-4:45 p.m.
To register for the New Dentist Conference, visit ADA.org/NDC