ADA Library & Archives adds 81 new e-books in 2016
January 25, 2016
Interested in reading more about business basics for dentists? Designing your perfect dental practice? Geriatric dentistry? Implant restorations?
The ADA Library & Archives added 81 new e-books available on its website in January — all are accessible remotely by ADA members. In all, the ADA Library & Archives has 159 total e-books.
The growing e-book collection is one of the results from the Library Transition Plan, which was approved by the ADA House of Delegates during the 2013 annual meeting in New Orleans.
The available e-books were selected based on member interest, which includes books on dental specialties, practice management, implantology and evidence-based dentistry, said Grazyna Krzycka, electronic resources and outreach librarian.
New e-books include:
- "Geriatric Dentistry: Caring for Our Aging Population," by Dr. Paula Friedman.
- "Business Basics for Dentists," by Dr. David O. Willis.
- "Profitable Dental Practice: 8 Strategies for Building a Practice That Everyone Loves to Visit," by Dr. Philip Newsome and business coach Chris Barrow.
- "Implant Restorations: A Step by Step Guide," by Dr. Carl J. Drago.
- "Evidence-Based Periodontal and Peri-Implant Plastic Surgery: A Clinical Roadmap from Function to Aesthetics," by Dr. Leandro Chambrone.
The e-books are the latest editions, with many of them published in 2015 and 2016.
To access the e-books, visit the ADA Library
. Under "Featured Items," click on "eJournals and eBooks."